Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing is mentioned about this on the Shaw Direct website, but trust me, it is now available. Go check it out.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
It's on the VOD. You have to subscribe to TMN in order to get the movies. Just press the "D" button on your remote to get into the VOD. Lots of movies listed from TMN but greyed out for me since I don't subscribe to TMN.

·
Registered
468 Posts
email from SD- technical escalation desk...

"TMN and HBO East content is now available through VOD on your receivers. Please note that they will be marked “TMN” and the Movie Central content will show as unsubscribed."

I requested to be informed when it was available... pretty good personal service!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
It's on the VOD. You have to subscribe to TMN in order to get the movies. Just press the "D" button on your remote to get into the VOD. Lots of movies listed from TMN but greyed out for me since I don't subscribe to TMN.
I've never used VOD once (too cheap), but I subscribe to TMN and HBO. Do I have to activated by Shaw for VOD use? I don't connect to land lines (cell only). Any advice?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Correct

You are quite correct. If it detects a "southern" isp it won't work. The same in reverse, if you are a snowbird with a Dish Network receiver, it won't do VOD in Canada. The fat cats who own the movies and networks have it all tied up.
A word of warning - don't hook up your receiver to broadband if you are out of country. It could be detected and they will cut off your service. Same applies to the phone line.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
You are quite correct. If it detects a "southern" isp it won't work. The same in reverse, if you are a snowbird with a Dish Network receiver, it won't do VOD in Canada. The fat cats who own the movies and networks have it all tied up.
A word of warning - don't hook up your receiver to broadband if you are out of country. It could be detected and they will cut off your service. Same applies to the phone line.
thanks for that info - that was my concern. I notice you're in Nova Scotia..do you know someone outside of Canada who this happened to?

·
Registered
52 Posts
thanks for that info - that was my concern. I notice you're in Nova Scotia..do you know someone outside of Canada who this happened to?
A "friend" has a DN system in Canada and tested it out. Fortunately, my "friend" also has a US address, so all is well! Wink wink, nudge nudge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts