Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the last couple weeks that there have been a dwindling number of TMN onDemand HD movies available. This week with over 30 movies listed on the TMN website as being available, only 1 is actually in the HD Spotlight section. I called Rogers yesterday and was told they would look into it, but nothing fixed yet. I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this problem, or is it just in my area. I'm in St. John's, NL.

btw, there are plenty of of HBO HD titles available.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Super Moderator
56,566 Posts
May be something in your area, or they are temporarily revamping things. We got a new interface in Ontario a short while ago and when I looked a couple of days back, there were plenty of HD movies, some that weren't even available on the HD channels yet - like Flame & Citron.

·
Banned
279 Posts
Lack of Hd ondemand temporary in NL

I contacted Astral and Rogers about the sudden disappearance of Ondemand TMN Hd movies. Astral told me that Rogers is responsible for downloading the programming they provide to their systems. Rogers told me they are improving the service in NL and it will have a lot more Hd movies ondemand under TMN soon.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
It's the same in NB. We have very few HD movies on demand.

·
Registered
265 Posts
There's an "Important Message" that says August 5 or so they are doing work to improve service that will affect On-Demand. Perhaps this is part of it. I hope we'll see some changes this fall. I have a feeling we will...

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
...more empty promises from ROGERS Atlantic? ;)

·
Banned
279 Posts
I guess time will tell if its an improvement or a step backward. I thought the old system was adequate for me . Now they have Hbo and Tmn bunched together. I hope Hbo is separated completely from Tmn ondemand. It appears that they added a new channel for Hbo canada ondemand so we will see soon if that's the case.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called Rogers tonight to follow up on the trouble ticket I opened, but as expected nothing to report back. They suggested sending the ticket back to maintenance, which of course means the ticket isn't in the hands of maintenance right now. Have my doubts that anything is going to be done anytime soon.

Hoping that things might get back to normal after the HBO onDemand maintenance is done.

·
Banned
279 Posts
Still waiting here in NL as well for the HD movies ondemand . Hope they fix this soon or people will be switching their services to either Bell or even to superchannel who has a dozen movies in HD ondemand right now!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well, today is the 10th which is the "supposed" last day they are working on "improving" on-demand services so let's see how it looks tomorrow. :)

·
Banned
279 Posts
Well, today is the 10th which is the "supposed" last day they are working on "improving" on-demand services so let's see how it looks tomorrow. :)
I agree lets wait one more day and if nothing happens then I will be calling and emailing again. I hope others will do the same! I switched from superchannel after much debate mainly due to the number of hd movies available ondemand. A few days after I switch the HD ondemand disappears. Again it is apparently Rogers problem and not Astral .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Missing HD TMN onDemand day 12

The irony of the missing HD movies is that channel 309 says:

OnDemandTMN "All the latest movies and series are now available in HD on TMN onDemand".

All? More like none!

Granted, TMN usually adds new movies Fridays and Saturdays at 10PM, so it isn't rocket science to set your DVR. But if you don't have one, the missing HD movies on TMN onDemand would really suck.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Could someone from Ontario check that there is in fact more content on their system compared to Atlantic? Then we can have more info to go against ROGERS.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Speaking of TMN, did anybody else have a blackout at around 10:55 last night? I was watching Fourth Kind when I got the "This channel is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later" message. What good is a blackout on this channel? We missed about 5 minutes of the already hard to follow movie. :eek:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts