Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a disappointing experience with MTS for its TMN / HBO-related services.

First, I wanted to catch up on Penny Dreadful and Veep. Turned out that episode 3 of Penny Dreadful and episode 4 of Veep were (and still are) not available, for some reason. Any other episodes that already aired were available, so it was not a matter of waiting until they were available.

Called Customer Service, pretty much oblivious with the problem. Could not say anything, could not even bother to check the problem if I did not insist.

Next, I inquired about TMN Go since that site required users to login with BDU's credential. MTS was not available on TMN Go. CS then informed me that indeed MTS did not provide TMN Go service.

If I did not live in an apartment I would jump to Bell in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
I have similar issues with Rogers VOD service. TV episodes often show up late or not at all. The login and navigation experience leaves a *lot* to be desired. It doesn't remember what was watched and finding the next episode in a TV series is always a confusing adventure. It doesn't even return to the playlist after watching an episode on the list. The TMN Go site is a bit better but not by much. Roger VOD vs Netflix is like night and day. I suspect MTS VOD is done by the same haphazard service that does Rogers.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Way late on the reply. Normally if you notice issues with the on-demand content and report it to MTS they can locate it and load it. That said I had zero luck with them solving the issues for After the Thrones. Episodes going missing from TMN on demand is nothing new.

·
Super Moderator
16,395 Posts
I found this thread by accident when I was looking to post TMN's press release about being able to download TMN/HBO content onto your mobile device. I noticed that Bell MTS was listed as one of the providers offering the TMN GO download feature.

The press release is linked in this post:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/217-internet-television-streaming-services-including-netflix-apple-tv/160322-tmn-go-launched-5.html#post2931082

Here is the list of apps available for MTS:
https://www.bellmts.ca/residential/tv/apps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts