1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
3,210 Posts
Ummm...Umm so what happens when I want to use other 3rd party headphones because the Apple ones are terrible (for me at least)?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess Apple's reply would be spend an extra $70 and get a Nano because the Shuffle is for the cool people who want ultra small ;)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Of course. It's about the cool, not the sound.

·
Super Moderator
3,210 Posts
I guess Apple is working on a dongle type adaptor for the new shuffle to let you use 3rd party phones on it. I will take a guess that this dongle will cost...hmm between 29 and 39 bucks.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I bought a refurb'd Shuffle couple of weeks ago when the price dropped to $35, knowing that probably meant a new model was to be released. Boy am I glad I didn't wait for this thing!

First impressions:
-generic, awkward design
-too small...and I thought the previous generation was bordering too small!
-price point and storage space is too high for the lowest-priced iPod. Most people use this for working out or jogging...they don't need 1000 songs of storage. I have 1GB and it's more than enough for the gym.
-the new headphone design w/ controls is just plain stupid. Anytime a standard 3.5mm jack is replaced with something different or proprietary, it's a bad bad idea. Bad Apple...thought they learned their lesson with the 1st gen iPhone!

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's funny how Apple constantly has to muck with things and turn off scores of loyal customers. Yes, many people want the option of using alternate headphones and some, myself included, like to use it in our cars or home stereo and be able to change tracks etc. Not possible with this model until they come out with another (probably pricey) adapter. Then you will have some awkward set up that defeats the whole purpose of the shuffle. Why couldn't they have just designed that slick earbud interface into the front of the actual shuffle? Or what was wrong with the original shuffle control? It is quite simple and functional.
If you want to know how small they can get check out this humorous video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvPj22jANDw

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perhaps if enough people complain, they will have a "Classic Shuffle"

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had a chuckle over the following announcement today. Headphones are the same price as the shuffle!

Klipsch Announces Headphones Designed for New iPod Shuffle With VoiceOver

INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Klipsch today announced that it is developing breakthrough headphones with integrated controls on the earphone cord for the new third generation iPod shuffle with Apple's new VoiceOver feature. These new headphones will give users the ability to play, pause, adjust volume, switch playlists and hear the name of the song and artist with just the press of a button.

The Klipsch headphones are expected to be available this summer for $99.99.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
This thing will probably be bought by Grandma's buying presents for their Grandchildren and not knowing any better. Truth is that anyone considering buying this should pony up a few more bucks and go for a nano.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts