Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Timmins must be getting really close to launching the new lineup. Here's a link to a website just for Timmins customers.
http://eastlink.ca/timmins/

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
:D

I just got the new line-up brochure in the mail today and was coming to post this!

I'll have to check that site. We feel special! *LOL*

:)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Things I've noticed...

• Looking at it in depth, looks like 2 analogs are going bye-bye. Mpix (47) and HGTV (48). No problem for me.
  • Coming Soon: WFN HD, Wild TV HD, CNN International and Al-Jazeera :eek: No dates are given but must be planned.
  • New packs and some channels moved around. MTV finally leaves the News pack. ;)
Overall, looking good. Can't wait for Discovery World HD, NTV and a few others.

Thanks EastLink.:)

·
Registered
694 Posts
And again Halifax Nova Scotia gets nothing happening, notta, zilch, zero.

Good for Timmins and all the other areas in Ont, NS, NL & PEI getting upgrades/Channel adds all except for HALIFAX.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Seems very pricey compared to Sudbury. I pay $75 for Upick 10 and an extra 6.99 for HD, and that get's you pretty much everything including movies. The equivalant would cost you about $100. Also noticed that you will be paying an extra 3 bucks to add Mpix to the movies pac. I guess you have to pay for the upgrades somehow! (I see a price increase in Sudbury's future!)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
frostycold...

I'm sure you knew it was coming anyway, probably July 1st.;)

I'm subbing to upic10 also in Timmins, but I'm not 100% sure about the price now that we are in the TV, net and phone bundle.

Even with the new pricing, I'm still going to be paying less than I was with 5Mb internet and phone from Be....err, I mean NorthernTel.:rolleyes: and Digital, DCX3400 and dcx700 rentals, TMN magazine, 10 digital packs, fees and taxes from EastLink a few months ago. Not much but maybe a couple of dollars or so. At least I get 30Mb internet now as opposed to the 5 I was paying for but couldn't get faster than 2.5 Mb.:(

The packages are changing and so are the prices. This will probably be more in line with the NS and PEI systems and their pricing structure. It looks like analog customers are getting a $3 per month price decrease. The digital themes packs are what is jacking the price up. BTW EastLink (if you're reading this), it would have been more helpful to put the prices in the mailed brochures instead of just having them online.

As for TMN and Mpix, I seem to recall they were listed bundled at $22.95 before and included Mpix. I guess now, you can save 3 bucks if you don't want Mpix anymore.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well the pricing a still a little cheaper then Bell TV but with Bell Tv you get ctv,cbc city etc..HD with your SD channel I dont know why Easlinke insist there customer to pay for HD. But oh well they are still a little cheaper.

About internet speed I would not upgrade to 30 M as most website are not more the 5M and download you are lucky to get 1000Kb as most upload site are max out.

very expensive to have hight bandwidth.

15M is perfect for me but did not see a big difference with my gaming from 5M to 15M!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree denben, Sudbury will likely fall into that price structure this summer. Still cheaper than Sat with more offerings like REAL On Demand and Whole Home DVR.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Well, it is the 20th of April! Going through the guide it really looks different, as in channel selection and offerings.

Never realized how many channels are used for the Super Sports pack.:eek: The jump from 498 to 601 looks weird. I've heard that we have more than Sudbury right now.;) Not sure what we would have extra but maybe a few SDs and HD or two.

This was long overdue and it took EastLink to actually do it. If Persona was still around, I'm sure they would still be saying it's coming soon for a few more years.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
694 Posts
And here we sit in Halifax and wait and wait and wait for something like this to happen and nothing does. Eastlinks priorites seem to be everywhere else except for there home base of Halifax. still cant get answers, nobody knows anything at Eastlink. All I get is the runaround. FiberOP 2.0 can't come soon enough to HRM, at least Bell Aliant is doing something to Halifax whereas Eastlink is and has been doing squat for Halifax.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts