Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm new to the forum so my apologies if this question has been answered already...I did try to search for it but came up empty.

The hard drive in our 5900 PVR died a few nights ago (with over 30 hours of my favourite half-hour show :( so we bought a 9241 and got it up and running last night.

Today, I set up my timers and noticed that the timer symbol (little clock) has a number by it when you view it in the guide. It's either a 1 or a 2 in the clock.

I can't figure out what the numbers mean!? I've looked in the manual that was included with the PVR and also done some Googling to see if I could figure it out but no luck in either case.

If anyone could enlighten me, I would really appreciate it :)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The numbers identify which Tuner is going to be doing the recording.

If you have a recording set for Tuner 1, you will have to watch that show, or a previously recorded show.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tuner 1&2

Thanks for your very prompt reply!!

It all makes sense now :)

Do you know if I can change which tuner the timer is going to record from? As of right now, we only have one tuner installed (waiting on BEV to come out and install the second).

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Yes you can, it is somewhere hidden in the Menu system, I do not have the 9241 but think it is somewhere like Menu, 8, 5.

You really do need that second feed for the receiver to work as intended but I am sure you know this already.......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tuner 1&2

Thanks again. I've looked under Menu but no luck yet (8 is Preferences, 5 is Channel Order). I'll keep snooping around for it.

I do know that it's best to have it hooked up for dual tuning :) BEV is coming by tomorrow and hopefully we won't have any issues getting the second tuner set up.

Cheers!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Then don't waste your time tonight, wait until tomorrow, if there is a problem getting a second line in, we can try again.

If this is your only receiver, or 1 of only 2 receivers, they should be able to use a DPP LNBF, which means only 1 line will be needed to the rear of the 9241, where they should use a DPP seperator to feed both tuners.

Ask them if they can use this combination, it will be faster and easier for them and less fuss and bother for you. Providing you only have 2 receivers, or just the 9241.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts