Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I have experienced some odd problems with timers on three different PVR 5900s.

PVR Number one:

The first PVR problem:

All of the timers disappeared from the schedule. However, they remained in the Timer section where they are stored after they are created.

I recreated the timers but forgot one of them which is a five day a week timer. Everything was fine then.

A couple days later, the new timers disappeared and the old timers came back including the timer I forgot to recreate. Everything has been fine (fingers crossed) for three weeks now.

PVR Number Two:

The second different PVR problem:

When I created a timer I got either a green screen or a pink screen and, if I was recording, the recording stopped. I assumed I lost the signal and turned off the PVR and did a hard boot. Everything was fine, but the timer was not on the schedule. I decided I may have too many timers so I deleted a five day a week timer.

The next time I tried to create a timer I got a pink screen. Same thing happened.

The next time I tried to create a timer I got another green screen.

After those weird events, everything has been fine for a couple weeks, including my ability to set new timers.

PVR Number Three:

The third different PVR problem:

On this third PVR I set three timers to record. Two of them were two separate, consecutive hours of the same program. One of the hours recorded. The other did not. However, the history section indicates that the unrecorded hour (ie. not on my list of recorded programs) was recorded.

If any of you have either had any of these problems, or even better, can explain them, I'd appreciate the information.

Except for these strange occurrences, the three PVRs function very well.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I have had an occasion several weeks ago where I put a one time timer in the schedule to recode a race at 2:00am. When I got up in the morning no race had been recorded and the timer was still in the list waiting to record.

You should check you software version number.The current version is E667.

·
Registered
14 Posts
E667 and timer - records extra hour ?

I have had it happen 2x now. It records the set event and will record an hour past the actual timer set.

Set from 9:00 - 10:00 > records from 9:00 - 11:00 ?

Not enough to be sure.

Jim

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
You could have the option set to record past end of event. This is good for sporting events that run longer than expected. It could be inthe default so you don'thave to set it each time. It seem to automatically default to 1 hour extra for sporting events even if the normal default is 0.

Had a problem 5 days ago where it recorded a program. The length said it was an hour but it would not play. As soon as I pressed start it would come up as if it had hit the end of the event.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Same thing happened again. Recoded the same show(Carnivale) and it would not playback. Do they encode something to prevent certain programs from being recorded?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts