Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience or know who long it normally takes to port your Bell phone # over to your VOIP phone?

·
Premium Member
3,896 Posts
A couple of guys at work just moved from Telus to Shaw. It took 2 weeks for the numbers to be able to be moved.

·
Super Moderator
11,127 Posts
Lisa,

It only works with certain VOIP providers and with certain area codes. I had started to compile a list but it may need to be updated. Here it is.

I am going to update the LNP list. As for length of change over it may take up to a month according to one person I spoke to.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Switch from Babytel to voip.net took exactly 28 days to complete.
They indicate it <may> take up to 45, but MAN! I didn't believe it would have taken even 28!!
Oh well, done now.
Maybe because it was a voip to voip

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Rapplin, why did you leave Babytel?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Bell Residential (416) -> BROADVOX

I did the LNP on the 12 February. It's been over a month already, about 36 days, and still nothing. My order status still says NEW!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Babytel

Yes, why did you leave Babytel? I order my kit yesterday night to replace Yak WorldCity VoIP. They cancel my package after almost one year and I also lose my telephone number which is not acceptable at all!

Tks.

Mat.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ya, Yak is terrible. I got that email last week about anyone on their grandfather plans would lose their number and would either have to upgrade to their YakUnlimited or cancel. Even if you choose to upgrade to YakUnlimited, you still have to lose your old number. Soooo struuuuupppppiiiddddd.

But anyways, been waiting for CIA to port it over to them since I signed up with them beginning of March. Still to this day, not been ported. And CIA has until May 17th to do it since Yak will cancel my service on that date. :(

djino
"Need Yak number ported ASAP"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts