Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slightly off topic but it's holding my TV decision:

I have cogeco internet, thinking about getting off Bell for TV & phone. But my cable comes in the house at the opposite end of where my phone line comes in.

How I get my existing phone jacks to my the cable modem without re-wiring my basement?

Thanks,

Art.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
you don't need to re-wire anything. Cogeco will install the phone modem, and run the wire to it, near an existing phone jack, once its connected, it will activate all the jacks in your house hold, providing youve already disconnected the bellus demark.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's just it, there are no phone jacks near the existing cable hook up and not an easy path from one to the other. :(

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
they dont usually install the phone modem at the exact spot where the cable comes in, they move it to where the closest phone jack is, and run a coaxial cable to the modem. your probaly thinking the other way, that they need to run a phone line to the modem, but thats not the case, the modem comes with a 6 foot telephone chord and plugs into either your demarc or an existing phone jack in your house, they simply are moving the cogeco RHP modem as close to this as possible and run the coax, theyre cable installers not phone line installers. hope this makes more sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts