Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping I can get some recommendations. I'm in the market for a 55" LED LCD TV with a very thin bezel, low depth, good picture but no unnecessary junk.

I love the new Samsung UN55D7000 but is is $3000 and has lots of stuff I don't need ( 3D, applications, remote with keyboard on back).

Anyone recommend something with the same kind of style and quality picture but at around $2000?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Not sure why you have to have LCD but the 54" Plasma from Panasonic now sells for about $1,500. Best deal at that price and better picture quality than virtually any LCD. Can't commit on the Bezel though

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bezel is super thin on the Samsung which is wife friendly :D

I'm not opposed to a plasma but tidiness is key in order to get the aforementioned wife approval. This samsung is thin in the bezel and depth.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Don't forget that to achieve the sleek and minimal thin look you are seeking, that you will probably have to do a lot of pre-planning and in-the-wall construction, otherwise you'll have wires hanging everywhere and in some cases pushing the panel outward.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just picked up the UN55D7000 at best buy....wasn't looking for 3d...wasn't even interested....but wow what a picture....I couldn't resist. When I got it home and checked out the 3d I was sold. Now I'm looking at 3d in a whole new light.... literally!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts