Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Optoma HD33 DLP 3D projector. While watching it the other day suddenly I noticed what appeared to be a hair suddenly appear!

You can see it in the right most grey box in the image below.

I checked the front lens but nothing there. The hair moves because of the internal fans so I dismantled the projector, removed the bulb but saw nothing obvious there. I then checked the colour wheel and again nothing obvious.

Can anyone tell me where else to look to remove this hair please?

Kind Regards

·
Registered
9,169 Posts
The first thing I would try is vacuuming all the air vents. Carefully wiping down the inside of the cabinet with a small brush might help. If that doesn't work, my next step would be compressed air. (Just be sure it's the clean, canned stuff. I get mine at Costco.) The "hair" could be suspended midway between any of the lenses or elsewhere in the video path. I'd guess it's a piece of hair or lint that came loose due to air flow. Cleaning the lenses would be a final recourse. Don't know if you've ever done it but it's a very delicate operation that could damage them if not done correctly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ExDilbert. Compressed air did the trick. Not sure where the hair was but I dismantled the projector and sprayed the compressed air over the lens, colour wheel, bulb, etc and in the process it blew away the hair.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts