Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
well, they're eating woodchucks, so I guess thta explains how they're still alive Hugh, lol

guess they can just eat meat, not just human flesh

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm getting tired of this missing girl/boy got shot story line. I hope they wrap this up quickly and move on. This has been dragging on long enough. This season has been long and slow so far. They haven't moved at all!

·
Registered
987 Posts
I agree, this season is moving along quite slowly and wish they could move along. I rarely get impatient with shows, but this time I needed to download the WD comic series just to satisfy my curiosity. So far they have covered the first 10 comics of what is currently a ~90+ comic series so lots of storyline still to come. They don't follow the comics exactly but there are many close resemblances.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
The show has slowed down at this stage for 2 reasons. 1 Character development. 2 budget, its fairly cheap to film the same location and not need a lot of walkers and CGI/makeup

I am enjoying the story, but it would be nice to have a bit of excitement more often.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I hate to say this but I found the last episode a touch slow although I did enjoy it. However this story line is in danger of becoming a bit dull at the moment.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Next Sunday's episode is the last of the year. If it doesn't pick it up, I may not pick it up as well when it returns in Febuary.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
To quote (modify) another famous movie line....

"Ah, now eventually you do plan to have ZOMBIES on your ZOMBIE show, right? Hello?"

PS.

Two points if you guess the original movie :)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
AMC actually "slashed" the budget for season 2. Show runner Frank Darabont who had a large role in the creative vision for season one was fired over his protests to the budget cuts.

quote:
Sources say last fall, even before the first episode of the show had aired, AMC let it be known that it would effectively slash the show's second-season budget per episode by about $650,000, from $3.4 million to $2.75 million. AMC cut the budget and pocketed a tax credit previusly applied to the show. An AMC source says the size of the cut cited by sources is "grossly inflated" and that the second-season budget represents a more typical and sustainable number for a basic cable show.

I am starting to wish AMC listened to Frank because this season has been rather boring.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Keep in mind also that in addition to a smaller budget, the number of shows in Season 2 has doubled compared to Season 1. So the money is spread even thinner. It's all explained in a link posted earlier in this thread.

·
Registered
405 Posts
To quote (modify) another famous movie line....

"Ah, now eventually you do plan to have ZOMBIES on your ZOMBIE show, right? Hello?"

PS.

Two points if you guess the original movie :)
I won't claim any points as I used google, but I should have got it as it was on last night and I watched enough of it to hear Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park bemoaning the lack of dinosaurs on the dinosaur ride. He should have been more careful in what he wished for! ;)

·
Banned
9 Posts
It's unfortunate the show has somewhat stalled. I really liked the first season's episodes which were so much more exciting. Hopefully, things start to pick up soon.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
This mid-season end was so extremely predictable even if I never read the comics. There were no surprises.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Not sure if my copy got cut off early, but the ending seemed....blah!

In my copy, the ending is where Rick and wife are discussing things after he discovers the pills. It just seems to end without a note of any sort.....

However, my copy had none of the ending credits, etc, so I have to wonder if a few minutes was cut off. Is that where the episode stops?

41 - 60 of 148 Posts