Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Given the size of the story I think this is more of a when than if scenario. I hope it isn't in the middle of a season and I hope that the groundwork is laid well enough that it will be able to continue at the same high level that has been established so far.

·
Registered
272 Posts
is AMC walking dead still going be showing or has it been delayed?

I really enjoyed First season, Look forward to seeing 2nd season.

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
I enjoyed season one but after six months, how can the huge number of zombies still be around. I mean they don't have many humans to feed on and a zombie could hardly catch an animal to eat.

I would like to have season two be the last and have it come to some type of positive conclusion.

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
I meant 6 months in the show in season 1.

The guy at CDC said 194 days when they showed up so when the CDC blew up it was over 6 months in the show.

·
Registered
338 Posts
There never really was an explanation as to what TYPE of zombies are in the show. We know a bit about the virus, but I don't recall finding out how it came to be, where the infection started, how widespread it is, etc...In almost every zombie movie it is established early on why things are the way they are. This doesn't seem to be the case with The Walking Dead. Is it a scientific thing or a good vs evil thing? In 28 Days/Weeks Later we knew about the testing on the monkeys and that the zombies would die of starvation eventually. How can something expend energy if it has no source of energy? Maybe I'm reading too much into this but I just like things to be somewhat believable. Also surprised that season two isn't starting on Halloween like last season, not gonna complain that it's two weeks sooner though!

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I meant 6 months in the show in season 1.

The guy at CDC said 194 days when they showed up so when the CDC blew up it was over 6 months in the show.
But do zombies really die of starvation? Was that established in the show? I remember seeing a zombie chopped in half in the show... Just crawling around. I don't imagine that thing getting much feeding, but it kept on crawling.

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
I can suspend disbelief but the make believe universe has to stay consistent for me to want to watch.

They said the Zombies have to eat to survive, hence why the zombies were forced to leave the city and go out into the country to feed, so IMO, most should have died off by Day 194.

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
As an add. Individually, they move slowly and can't storm walls so why couldn't humans have barricaded huge walls and simply shot them as they approached.

FWIW, I really like the show hence why the inconsistencies really bother me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yeah as soon as I saw that lady crwaling around I kinda threw logic out the window, your right Hugh...very contradictory. I love the show as well though.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Numbers perhaps. Family members would likely be unwilling to kill their own family members, even after they "turned". As a result many of them would become victims themselves.

Also, we don't know where everyone went as the show only looks at the small scale. So far, we haven't seen nearly enough zombies to account for the original population. There might be protected areas these survivors just haven't found yet.

Also, do zombies starve to "death" or do they just crave flesh?

I can't wait for the show to return.

-Mike

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
In the final episode, they said the zombie problem was worldwide. The CDC guy said the equivalent in France had gone done a month before CDC because they lost power also.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Right, but they don't know if the entire world has succumb to the disease. There are many possibilities to explore in the show.

-Mike

1 - 20 of 148 Posts