Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else watching this show? It's absolutely awesome! It has Hollywood movie-quality special effects, and looks amazing in high definition.

Who has seen both episodes? (First episode was on October 31, second on November 7)

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I have watched both already, great show and I am not into the zombie genre at all. AMC makes the best stuff going.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Yeah, I'm not a big zombie fan either, but the fact that this is AMC made me tune in.
As I've said somewhere before, AMC is becoming the new HBO as far as quality TV shows is concerned.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm really enjoying this as well.

Another great Zombie mini-series, the British made Dead Set, just aired on Space and was thoroughly enjoyable (not to mention colourful in language and extreme in gore!).

Two brand new Zombie series back-to-back! Love it!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Prison Break got 3 seasons. I mean how many times can the same guys break out of prison. I think the walking dead could be good for a few seasons anyway.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yeah and I was done with Prison Break after season 1. I'm really liking it so far. A 6 part mini-series I could see working. I just couldn't see the story lasting long enough to make it a multi-season series like Breaking Bad.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
AMC orders 2nd season of Walking dead.
Source

That was fast after only two episodes aired.

AMC has got the golden touch it seems

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
The Walking Dead is based on the comic book series. The comics have been going since 2003 and there is certainly enough material there for many, many TV seasons.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I am loving this series! I've always been a huge zombie movie fan and a huge fan of George Romero. I think there is so much more that can happen and really looking forward to the remaining 4 episodes this year. This series reminds me so much of the Left 4 Dead video games. So glad I just happened to stumble upon in last Sunday as it wasn't promoted much.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
The reason I like the show, is that it is way more character driven than the usual zombie slasher flick. It obviously helps that The Walking Dead has Frank Darabont as Head Writer and Showrunner - he wrote and directed a couple of my favorite movies, The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I know bell and shaw (west) have AMC HD.

I agree with previous posters, this show is very good!! I'm surprise at the level of violence/gore that they show.....of course this is the network responsible for Breaking Bad. AMC is really on the ball lately.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Shaw Direct- satellite has AMC HD.

Love this show btw!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts