Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 80 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Conan is unwatchable. He's juvenile but thinks he's witty. At the same time, he's one arrogant, sob. He can't accept anyone getting the last laugh even an invited legitimate comic. He has to continually one-up any guest with his childish antics to get the zombie audience to laugh.
I don't know what you've been watching but I think Conan is hilarious. Long before this week, he was consistenty more original and funnier than Leno.

This week he's been particularly edgy as he takes the jabs at NBC - the interview with Ricky Gervais last night was almost over the top (from Ricky's side).

I've been to see the old Tonight Show with Jay Leno live twice as I used to be a fan. But never again! I've seen taping of Kimmel as well as I really like his humor and show. And I sure hope that Conan makes it to his last week when I'll be attending - can't wait.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
NBC should fire him NOW.
"And I just want to say to the kids out there watching: You can do anything you want in life," he said. "Unless Jay Leno wants to do it, too."
lack of class and respect for Leno, just more whinning.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
lol james i thought that was hilarious. it was a great joke and delivered well. Apparently you dont like his style of humor but i love it

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
James, I guess they should fire Jay Leno for making fun of Jimmy Kimmel then, too? That also means that Jimmy Kimmel should be fired for wearing a Leno wig and chin before that.

·
Banned
1,302 Posts
Yeah you don't like Conan james99, we all know, you been going on about it for months. Give it a rest, it's getting on everyone's nerves.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I thought that Conan's jabs at NBC have been great this week. One of the best last night was when he was talking about changes NBC will make to the Olympics, "move bronze up to gold's place, silver stays where it is, and add a new medal for 4th place called the NBC."

I wonder if the ratings for The Jay Leno Show and The Tonight Show have gone up any the past couple weeks. I rarely watch either, but I've watched both most of the past couple weeks.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
when is the last week of taping? I will be in LA and want to try and get tickets in feb around family day
Week of Feb 8th I believe. Then they go on a break for the Olympics. And then the plan was for the new arrangement after the Olympics.

It might be hard to get tickets for his last shows now.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
boo i don't get there till Feb 12.

maybe i can get door tickets for the last show?

well ill fill out the thing online anyways * last day is no longer available :( well i might try and get tickets the day of,

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
5,437 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
so much for watching the tonight show ever again. seems like a scummy move by nbc to get out of there contract requirements

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Too bad - I was looking forward to seeing Conan's show. I guess I'll go to Jimmy instead. (It seems reasonable and TMZ has been right on most of this stuff so far so I think it's likely all true.)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
NBC should fire him NOW.

lack of class and respect for Leno, just more whinning.
Just like the respect he showed Carson when he took over for him? He had to eventually be shamed into even acknowledging him. Leno is a douche, take a listen to all the real comedians coming out of the woodwork now. He is being completely derided by most of them. He has screwed over Rosie O'Donnell when NBC asked her to be a guest host one day a week. He's screwed over Conan by retiring and then deciding to take 5 hours of prime time, in the process putting hundreds, if not thousands of workers out of work. All to feed his own ego of trying to stay relevant when he hasn't had an original idea in 10 years. Most of his Tonight show was ripped off from various sources and his new show has revealed him for the hack he really is.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Carson retired. End of story. Leno didn't want to leave the Tonight Show, he didn't retire. End of story.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Got out of the shower, turned on the TV, and there's Leno saying that he has Jimmy Kimmel coming up next. So I watched and he did the Top 10 at 10 segment with Jimmy via satellite. Jimmy was ripping into him big time. It was absolutely hilarious. Can some one explain to me why on earth Leno would have done that??? Trying to show that he's still buddies with the other late night hosts?

Leno is a total slime ball. I can't believe he hasn't done the one honourable move he has left and officially called it quits yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
^^^thanks for letting me know i don't watch late nite comedy shows

i just finished watching the Vancouver feed and that was FUNNY

Props for Jimmy for TELLING THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am surprised Jay didn't get pissed on camera(i bet after they went to commerical he was fumming)

I am only 27 and I LOVE Jimmy Kimmel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't watch him except if he has somebody I want to see on. He is more hip IMO. Way more cooler then Conan/Jay/David.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This could be a gift to Fox. It's been SUCH a long time since I've watched anything on Fox. X-files anyone?

I hope Conan gets to do his own show without some non-compete clause that shelves him for a year.

61 - 80 of 184 Posts