Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any idea why Shaw has thrown up multiple mirrors of TSC? I'm on the advanced lineup, and suddenly I have it not only on 94 (its usual location) but also on 159 and 197 plus another feed in 727 (where the French channels reside). What gives??:eek:

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Same thing is happening on the Cable side.

No answers from Shaw at this point.
Maybe they are testing new channels using the shopping channel as a placeholder.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Shaw Cable subscribers were also mentioning that on their forum last night, that there was extra shopping network channels they didn't have before, not sure what Shaw is up to.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I suspect Rogers is willing to give a bit more of the profit they make to Shaw if they give them better/more channel placement for this Christmas shopping season. 159 is right beside the most popular specialty channel A&E and 197 is right in with the womens channels like Cosmo, Slice, Food etc. and one extra in with the French channels to try and get french shoppers.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I suspect Rogers is willing to give a bit more of the profit they make to Shaw if they give them better/more channel placement for this Christmas shopping season.
I suspect that you might be right. Shaw and Rogers are getting quite chummy these days. Notice the ads Rogers in running in Ontario for their extended digital package. Every channel is owned by Shaw Media.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Chummy is a good word, last two HD additions both Roger channels; CityHD Toronto and now FX Canada, also they are simsubbing to City TV HD channel from American Network feeds. Shaw does not appear to be doing this with Bell stations.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I found this the other day after I read about it here. We get TSC in two places at least. It might not be that odd. The local cable provider has TSC in two locations as well (and in HD).

·
Registered
409 Posts
Oh well Just 2 more channels to leave off my favorites list... I'm sure lots of folks like the Shopping Chan I just don't happen to be one of them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts