Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure which topic this belonged in so I'm posting this here for now.

Although I don't think there are as many great deals this time around as there were last year, I thought it might be useful to start a thread about the BB/FS online checkout process (for those of us doing some Christmas Eve shopping), which *hopefully* has been improved.

I only wanted one thing from BB, so I added it to my cart and proceeded to the checkout all before 8:01pm.

Now patiently waiting at the BB 'waiting room' for 10 minutes now. The status bar hasn't budged yet.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I got to the end and my cart was empty, have to go through again.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
I wonder how many of us are bombarding their sites? Somehow I had the same item 5 times so I tried to fix it and now, I have the same message also: processing your order, please be patient.

What bugs me is that the item is going down fast!!!!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had to go through the checkout queue twice for some reason - I had BB loaded on another tab browsing for the less critical items I had in mind checking stock levels, not sure if that had something to do with hit. In any case, took about 30 minutes to get through the checkout successfully (ordered the Insignia BD player for my parents).

So, all's well that ends well, as they say.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Oh boy. Now it seems like my ROGERS IP address is on the blacklist for Futureshop! I get so far in the queue only to be told that my IP is part of the blocked addresses that Future Shop has on a list. I then refresh the page, wait another 15 minutes, get further down the process, input the info requires, get in queue again, and then get the IP blocked page again. Meanwhile, the item I'm interested in is selling like hot cakes. I guess I'll have to make the lineup at 3:30 in the am on Boxing day in order to secure my item. Shizer!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Finally took me about 10 times to get to the checkout. I even had a couple times where my shopping cart came up with what I assumed was someone elses cart. I managed to get the order in after about 2 hours of trying.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Had a great experience this year with a bit of a wait. But one try at FS and BB. Shipping too high at BB but service on site was good.

·
Super Moderator
4,497 Posts
It took about 25 minutes to get through the virtual queue @ 5:05 PM PT. But save a few $$$.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
I had my order after 2 hours and 21 minutes. It kept telling me, at the checkout, that my shipping address was not right. I typed it over and over and it finally took it. I guess I won't have to do the lineup on boxing day! :)

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
At least the servers didn't crash like last year. But last year they had the Toshiba HD-DVD player on for $99 which most likely caused the increased traffic and inevitable server crash.

·
Registered
751 Posts
With FS, I placed my order a few seconds after the sale started. I had to wait in the queue for about half an hour.

Once it started the order process, after I entered my credit information it jumped me back to the login screen, forcing me to enter everything again. It did this 3 times. There was a long wait between each order step. When I finally got through all the steps, my order was correct and in stock and eveything completed successfully.

My e-mail confirmation was waiting when I checked this morning and my order is showing up in my online FS account. Hopefully there won't be any problems with the rest of the process.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
All my order processing was correct today so looks like everything worked OK. :p

·
Registered
537 Posts
I tried near midnight (EST) but couldn't remember my password so I couldn't proceed with the checkout. I tried about 10 times to have my password reset but I never got the email. I could've created a new account but it was late. Both items had several hundred left.

I tried again this morning and after several more attempts, the email arrived. I then had to re-active the account by entering a previous order number. I found email with a previous order but it didn't recognize the number? WTF?

And now, of course, both of my items are sold out.

I've had it with the FS web woes for these sales. This has been going on for years now (although it seems more people were successful this year). I will not be creating a new account and I will not be in line tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
You can't really blame FS for these problems. If they put out very good deals and you have a busload of people hammering the website, what are they to do? I'd rather loose the sale then have a site that is openned and have my credit card info spilt everywhere. Yes I know it brings grief, especially when you come here on the forums and hear that so and so got through in 10 minutes at about the same time that you were on trying to get in the queue.

I saw my item that I was interested in go from 497 in stock down to 60 by the time I was able to have mine processed in 2h22 minutes. I feel your pain...and yes, I had to keep relogging in during the checkout like another poster had mentionned. Very frustrating.

Which is why I'd like to see how many users where on at the peak of the sales?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I notice the "reactivate" all the time but on the left side of the page is my previous orders. I go to them and I'm Ok after that, so maybe you wouldn't have had the proble if you looked left?! Not good customer service anyway with a message like that.:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts