Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
A DPP44 switch will also give you four outputs however requires the lnb(s) to be DPP twin, DP singles, DP duals, DP twin or a DP quad. Just like the DP34 it only requires two lines into the switch to get 82 and 91.

This switch just like the DPP twin allows you to use a DPP separator(s) for dual tuner receivers. Therefore it is possible to have 4 receivers regardless if they are dual tuner. Another advantage of DPP technology is that legacy receivers work as long as you have one DP or DPP compliant receiver hooked up.

This receiver requires a power adaptor to be hooked up on port one. Unfortunatly the DPP44 is the most expensive switch and are very rare to find in Canada for sale. It will cost you around $100 or more after shipping, duty etc.

This switch has four inputs from four different orbital locations if that matters to you.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Administrators Note:
I want to thank Q for all his work setting these threads. All of the work below was done by him. I merely helped him post some of this information (hence why it appears to be posted by me). Please direct any thanks or questions to him - Hugh

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As noted in my original post.

Another advantage of DPP technology is that legacy receivers work as long as you have one DP or DPP compliant receiver hooked up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dual LNB

Hi All,

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but can you use a dish 500 with dual LNBF's (2 feeds of each sat) and plug all four into a DPP44? Reason I want to do this is to piggy back on the existing cabling in my new home and only one feed to each room.

Regs,

Chad J.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You only need one line per satellite. If you have 4 wires........just plug in the two correct ones.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Yes, you can cascade a second DPP44 switch to the first, giving you another four ports.

-Mike

·
Registered
67 Posts
It is possible the DPP44 swich can decrease quality of picture.

Recentely i buy a DPP twin lnb and DPP44 switch

i'm not sure but i think the picture quality of HD as decreased after i change my sw44for DPP44

·
Registered
480 Posts
The picture quality does not change with a DPP44 switch. The signal is digital. Either you get what you're suppose to get or you just don't get a signal. There's no degradation possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You only need one line per satellite. If you have 4 wires........just plug in the two correct ones.
I tried this and it does not work, but i have dish network LNBs and not dish pro LNBs will I have to get the pros for the DPP 44 to work? probably a dumb question but I dont know

·
Registered
70 Posts
I tried this and it does not work, but i have dish network LNBs and not dish pro LNBs will I have to get the pros for the DPP 44 to work? probably a dumb question but I dont know
You need either Dish Pro or Dish Pro Plus LNBs for the DPP44 switch.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Post #1 tells you quite clearly what kind of LNBF it requires......

·
Registered
5 Posts
True, I thought maybe regular dish network LNB's could be the canadian version of a Dish pro LNB. its ok though I got 'er figured now u dont have to get mad at me

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Sorry if I came across as being terse, its just that most obvious questions are already covered in the same thread.....lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
DPP44

Where is the best place to buy a DPP44 switch. I found one on ebay for about $100 c/w shipping...anywhere cheaper?

1 - 20 of 381 Posts