Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cape premieres Sunday January 9, 2011 on NBC and CITY TV. Time: 9:00PM. Regular time slot: Monday at 9:00 PM on NBC.

Stars: David Lyons as The Cape, James Frain as Peter Fleming, Keith David as Max Malini

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. Watched the first hour. Seems OK so far. The real test will be in the ongoing series. If they can keep up the pace it will be OK, if not...

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
Stilgar, Sunday's episode will be rebroadcast tonight and NBC will switch to the Monday timeslot starting Jan. 17. Zap2it.com is a good source for TV schedule info.

·
Registered
592 Posts
She was good on Dollhouse.

I predict that The Cape will be cancelled soon because Summer's series don't last... Sarah Connor Chronicles, Dollhouse, Firefly. The exception was The 4400 which survived a full run.

·
Registered
751 Posts
So far, Summer seems to be playing a fairly normal person in The Cape. Previously she has played "quirky" characters (in Firefly, Terminator, Dollhouse), which I think better suits her.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The "first hour"? It was a two hour episode
Watched the second hour the next evening. Like I said, OK. Doubt it will hold my interest for long. It's not quite good enough to be a must watch show. It's not campy enough to become a cult classic either. It might have looked better if it were not for some of the recent remakes with classic comic book characters. They really raised the bar for this type of show.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Summer Glau had nothing to with Dollhouse being canceled since the announcement came BEFORE her character showed up on the show.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also watched it, was very 'Batman' style. I like superhero movies/shows, but there are a lot of bad ones like 'No Ordinary Family'. So far The Cape does not seem cheesy I too will watch a few more and see where it goes

·
Registered
469 Posts
Enjoy watching the first 2 hours, I really felt the comic book universe.
I like the circus team which I think brings a lot to the serie.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts