Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Harder challenges (mental and physical). Ones that destroy teams but smart teams might take a penalty instead of attempt.

2. More competitive teams (every man/team for themselves except during intersections, which there should be more of). I actually liked Rob and Amber's race style for Season 7.

3. Relaying of answers or clues to other teams should be a penalty.

4. Less reliance on taxis.

5. Not sure about this one, but limited assistance/direction from locals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would love to see an international version with contendants from all over the world battling it out against each other!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
4. Less reliance on taxis.

5. Not sure about this one, but limited assistance/direction from locals.
I believe in one season a team did take a penalty for being lead by a taxi driver to their location. This sort of falls into both categories above. If I ever came across a team IRL it may be fun to purposely send them in the wrong direction LOL. As seen in many episodes, the locals aren't much help either due to lack of knowledge, a language issue or plain unwillingness to help a stranger.

I agree though that there needs to be an increase in the level of difficulty. Generally, there is only one real challenge per season where they must figure out a clue to get to their next location. I'd rather see an increase in difficulty in mental challenges compared to physical ones.

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
2. More competitive teams (every man/team for themselves except during intersections, which there should be more of). I actually liked Rob and Amber's race style for Season 7.
She didn't have a style, just did as she was told.

I agree about the taxis and the penalties for giving answers.

I have no issue with the challenges though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'd like to see actual clues instead of simple instructions to follow.

I'd also like to see way more driving by the teams themselves. Sometimes it feels like I'm watching The Amazing Cab Ride.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I would like to see fewer "catch-up" moments. I hate seeing a team work hard to build a lead to only have it erased because they all have to board the same bus.

I would like to see more of a race with unique strategies to get from point a to point b. It has turned into everyone on a preselected flight then a cab ride to challenge, cab ride to pit stop.

·
Super Moderator
11,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to see fewer "catch-up" moments
If they did that they would have to focus on the close teams. Since there is no drama in watching a team coast to the pit stop in 1st place.

What would be interesting is that the team in first place has to pair with the team in last place for the next leg. that would create some interesting conflicts I am sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts