• Jaime & Cara

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
He's talking about the restaurant challenge. Tammy /Victor didn't do the makup challenge

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Especially when the legs of the race have likely been planned before the contestants have been selected.
I agree, the legs of the race are probably selected before the contestants which means you shouldn't be picking people with an unfair advantage.

In past years you had people who had actually liveed in some of the cities that were part of the race.

·
Registered
649 Posts
^^^ If I remember correctly from one of the earlier seasons, this actually played against one of the teams. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the final leg was in NYC and one of the teams lived there (or had lived there) and knew a short cut to get into the city, which they shared with the cabbie. Now the short cut probably works when there's lots of traffic, but I think it was really early and the team that took the "standard" route into the city ended up getting there first...

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Ya, that's sounds familiar. Don't forget about the "family" edition where the team from New Orleans got eliminated in the New Orleans leg of the race.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
It happened in the very first season that ended in NYC, exactly as JonO described it.

And BTW, I'd say the first 3 seasons of The Amazing Race are by far way better than any subsequent seasons.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I find with all these "Reality" TV shows...(AR, Survivor and BB)...it makes for far better TV...when there is perceived hatred or controversy (drummed up or not) amongst some of the contestants...

I also find the same holds true for most Sports these days too...imho

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Nope, the final leg of the first season went from Alaska and ended at Flushing Meadows in Queens, NYC.

Second season ended with an Alaska to San Francisco leg, with the Final Pit Stop in Golden Gate Park.

141 - 148 of 148 Posts