Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
This is bizarre! 24 weeks from the deadline and the rules change again?! :eek:

If I was a broadcaster, I'd be wondering what else is going to change. :rolleyes:

It probably makes sense though, and it may even make sense to remove other places from the list too.

·
Registered
239 Posts
While the commission's reasoning seems to make sense, now I wonder how many other exceptions we'll see before the magical date.

Sometimes I think that the CRTC isn't too serious about ota digital conversion in Canada.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sometimes I think that the CRTC isn't too serious about ota digital conversion in Canada.
Noooo!....Whatever gave you that impression? I think it is safe to say the CRTC isn't too serious about looking after anything in the best interest of consumers and the general public...in more ways than this.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
It's also interesting to see that the Ontario transmitters that provide city-grade CBC and CTV signals to Rouyn are not included in that market.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I wonder when the CRTC is going to get some balls and set a schedule for remaining stations. Global has already committed to converting all their stations by the end of 2014. Would this be too much to ask for the rest of Canada, other major networks and/or another set of markets?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
My guess is sheer political expediency. i.e./ The CRTC doesn't want to be overruled by politicians again.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Considering that only one DTV transmitter was going on air in the territories, I see this as a decision that is good for consumers as it preserves OTA, even if it is analog.

Now the question is, will the CBC still transition CFYK-TV Yellowknife as planned or will it stay analog? I would guess the latter, but I haven't heard anything official.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts