Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

161 - 180 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
U.S Open: Help me get it :)

Cut the cord and have OTA. Everyone keeps talking about streaming TSN or ESPN but I can't seem to do it. Hotspot Shield I installed tried to log in to my gmail accounts, so I must have had a virus or something!!

I have Bell's high speed Internet so should be okay for streaming.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
What do you mean by "canned"?

It says live on the screen, but if you pause it there's no option to go to live, so I can't see it being actually live.

·
Registered
945 Posts
That was beautiful, no commentators, no ticker, only TSNs bug, Raonic monster serves...

then to tennis channel coverage. :mad::mad: nonstop ticker, blah.

I assume the Murray match will be fully televised everyone.. maybe even a night match?

·
Registered
689 Posts
It depends on whether or not CBS thinks it's a high priority match. They have Labour Day coverage until 6pm and, unless things have changed in the last year, CBS gets to determine the scheduling. So the Labour Day Monday night match is usually not the headline attraction. I'd say there's a pretty good chance Murray v Raonic will be on Monday night in Arthur Ashe because Serena plays on Monday as does Roger Federer against an American - Mardy Fish. I think CBS will make those two matches their main ones therefore they will be played in the afternoon. But you never know. Last Labour Day the Djokovic v Dolgopolov match was on in the afternoon on a smaller court whilst Federer's match against Juan Monaco wasn't on until Monday night.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Stupid Ticker

Watching Tennis right now on TSN, currently, the game scheduled is on rain delay. So they are showing an earlier match from today, live from ESPN with their ticker, During ESPNs ticker, they gave a weather alert stating why you are watching a re-run. Being as lazy as they are, they take down their ticker for about 30-45 seconds to show that weather alter, then like after a minute of it being over and ESPNs regular ticker resumes about 30 seconds earlier, their ticker resumes ... why can't TSN just put their bug on the screen instead of their stupid Ticker that is 4:3 ... or better yet, why is there a ticker at all?

Also, What is the point in TSN covering up ESPNs? ..

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
It looks like the men's semifinal will not be on either TSN or CBS this morning.
Only live streaming on TSN.ca

·
Registered
689 Posts
The US Open is the most disorganized and worst run of the slams.

The tennis is on neither TSN nor CBS. A lot of people probably aren't even aware of the live streaming as TSN don't exactly go out of their way to inform viewers about it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sigh, Buffalo CBS schedule says its showing the tennis

But were getting a Dr. OZ CTV simsub insteand.

Anyone with buffalo CBS OTA confirm what they are really showing?

and with this being an analogue only tv, no tsn2. :-(

edit: well, cbs is showing news at 5pm, so I guess they arent showing the tennis, then why the hell does their own schedule say they are? :-/

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
I know it's a little late but I was watching the match OTA from Buffalo. It started on WIVB's sister station WNLO when WIVB was showing local news, switched to WIVB during the CBS national news slot, switched to WNLO during a game show on WIVB, then finished off on WIVB to the end.

So messing up tennis broadcasts is not the only court that TSN and Sportsnet play on.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
I'm assuming that Sportsnet One will show the Raonic/Murray match from Tokyo tonight live at 11 PM ET.
They only tweeted about showing last night's match when the match actually started so who knows when they will confirm tonight's match.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm assuming that Sportsnet One will show the Raonic/Murray match from Tokyo tonight live at 11 PM ET.
They only tweeted about showing last night's match when the match actually started so who knows when they will confirm tonight's match.
That was a pleasant surprise. I put it on to see the end of the China Open coverage that was listed on my TV guide only to see Raonic in Japan. They then proceeded to show Andy Murray's match against Stan Wawrinka. Like you I assume they'll show Raonic tonight.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Sportsnet One will of course show the Raonic final tonight at 1 AM ET, and not what is currently showing on the schedule.

161 - 180 of 252 Posts