Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

141 - 160 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
... because of the Canadian Grand Prix (CTV @ 2pm, Fox Simsub) ...
No simsub -- at least it wasn't substituted on Rogers cable here in Toronto. I checked out of curiosity, even though I can receive both on antenna. It was the same event being shown live on both CTV and Fox, but with different announcers and some other differences.
Did Bell TV simsub it on their own, as they have before by subbing TSN for NBC?

·
Registered
689 Posts
According to the French Open website play will resume at 7am ET. Presumably this will be on TSN and NBC not CTV2. Anyone know?

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
The French Open Men's Final, which was postponed by rain, will be continued on TSN, Monday at 7am et/4am pt.
It will be on TSN. But if for some reason it goes long - they are calling for some rain on Monday - I wouldn't be surprised if it gets shifted over to TSN2.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
They are also live streaming from 2 courts on their website. If tv is available on the courts our Canadians are playing on, hopefully they will show them, but I'm not betting on it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
TSN has tweeted that they will show the Raonic match live on TSN2 Tuesday time tbd. It is the 4th match on court and with possible rain delay the time is hard to even guess. Best to track live scoring online and see how the earlier matches are progressing.

·
Registered
689 Posts
TSN says the Raonic match is on a court without cameras. They are showing Pospisil's match at TSN.ca. Stream quality is very good.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Actually, TSN is now showing the Pospisil match. They just had a scroll saying they would return to ESPN's coverage at the conclusion of the Canadian Pospisil's match. So I'd imagine TSN will do the same for Raonic (assuming he's still in the tournament and palying on a televised court) in future matches as he's a bigger name in Canada.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #150 (Edited)
The Raonic match was unfortunately moved from the original televised court to a non televised court. The match is currently in the 3rd set.

And I think we all know the only reason we're seeing Pospisil is because he's playing an American.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #151 (Edited)
Since Raonic is on Court 1 today and playing an American I think we'll see a lot of the match on TSN. Failing that, TSN live streaming today is showing all of Court 1.

TSN has tweeted that they plan to show the entire Raonic match on TSN2 time tbd.

·
Registered
689 Posts
TSN.ca's live stream link kept showing error this afternoon. I went to it after they left the Nadal match to go to the one involving Raonic. I think this is the first time it hasn't been working properly.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I believe Raonic is playing right now but his match isn't being shown. A soccer friendly between France and Uruguay is on instead (Rogers Sportsnet One). The same channel is showing a Texas Rangers game at 7pm ET so a scroll on RSO said coverage would resume at 11pm tonight. Whether at that time they show Raonic v Baghdatis or the world feed's Andy Murray match or the night match involving Federer is anybody's guess.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just trying to watch the Raonic match delayed and they're inserting the commercials in the middle of the games and not when the players are changing ends. So we miss half of the points and then get to watch the players sitting down and having a drink. Does Sportsnet 1 have a clue or what.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
That was an absolutely terrible rebroadcast by Sportsnet. Because the baseball game went long, they joined the Raonic match in progress during the second set, completely missing the exciting first set tie break. Why joined in progress when they have tennis on til 4 AM?
Inserting the commercials during play was a complete screwup by some technician who was probably watching something else on another channel (guess what that might be after midnight) rather than his own network. Because of that, during the third set we didn't see ANY of Milos' service games at all until the final game which we only got to see the end of it because Milos was struggling just a little and the game went longer, otherwise we would have joined the victory walk wondering how it happened.
The Wilson tennis racquet commercial they showed several times is rather appropriate when the player says "some people are stupid....stupidoh".

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Raonic' second round match will be live on TSN2 Thursday afternoon.
It's the 3rd match on court after a women's match and a men's match so the time is impossible to predict. TSN is guessing at 2 PM ET.

141 - 160 of 252 Posts