Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 120 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Sportsnet One is showing the Memphis Round of 16 tonight and Raonic is scheduled to play at approximately 10 PM ET.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Sportsnet is showing the matches on tape delay.
Raonic won't be shown until approximately 1:15 AM ET.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Raonic plays Andy Murray in the Barcelona (clay court) quarter-final Friday morning at 6:30 AM ET live on Sportsnet One.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I just found out that ESPN is doing Wimbledon this year, and NBC won't be airing it anymore. There has been talk about some matches on ABC, but that's not a certainty.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I believe ABC is going to show extended highlights of the finals later in the day, from 3-6pm ET on the final weekend. I think they are also showing a first week highlight package on the middle Sunday, similar to what NBC has done in the past.

TSN has exclusive Canadian coverage now, BTW.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Raonic plays Nalbandian Tuesday approx 9 AM ET on what he calls the Smurf clay (because it's blue) from Madrid.
Sportsnet One is showing tennis at that time but they're probably at the mercy of their feed network as to whether they'll be showing this match.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
He's playing on Court 2 and there is a WTA match on Centre Court at the same time, so I'd say there's a good chance it will be on.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Josh, do you know if Sportsnet One will be showing the Madrid final live? Their online TV guide ends early Sunday morning but the final is scheduled for 12.30 ET. According to the 'Football (Soccer) on Canadian TV' the EPL matches are on at 10am this Sunday so their soccer coverage should be over by the time the final starts.

·
Registered
689 Posts
For Saturday May 19 Rogers Sportsnet isn't showing any men's tennis live (from Italy) as they have a fairly full schedule - although I'm surprised they don't show the morning match (Nadal v Ferrer) opting instead for cycling, also from Italy. They are, however, showing some match on tape at 10pm - hopefully Federer v Djokovic. Given that I don't trust Sportsnet (or ANY sports channel) to NOT give away the result or to refrain from a ticker update during their earlier programming I advise tennis fans who'll also be watching the European Cup final to watch on Fox instead of Sportsnet. (Federer v Djokovic starts around the same time

·
Registered
689 Posts
I just got up, put on Sportsnet One and the first semi-final is near the end of the first set. If I'd known that I would've got up a bit earlier. Given that they've been broadcasting live tennis all week you'd think they'd know ahead of time what they'll be showing. Or perhaps they do know but just can't be bothered updating their website and rely entirely on Twitter instead.

·
Registered
689 Posts
There is supposed to be tennis from Italy on Sportsnet One right now according to their online TV schedule. I understand that the baseball went long. It happens. Yet when it ended they went to an NBA game involving the LA Lakers. I don't follow the NBA but I know the Lakers are a big team and that the playoffs are on. Yet apparently no one at Rogers could've predicted that they might have to pre-empt the tennis for playoff basketball because there is absolutely no mention of NBA at their website. I don't know why Sportsnet even bother with an online schedule. Almost every weekend it is wrong. Rogers can afford to hire people to phone me every other week to try to get me back after six years with another provider yet apparently they cannot afford to hire someone to merely update their TV schedule.:mad:

·
Registered
689 Posts
And now to add insult...Sportsnet Pacific, East and Ontario, having now finished with their sports highlights show, are now giving us that most athletic of all endeavours - poker.:eek: Sportsnet West is showing some loud American talk show with a lot of yelling and laughing about sports and, believe it or not, eating hot dogs. No room on the Rogers Sportsnet schedule for actual sports.

101 - 120 of 252 Posts