81 - 100 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Milos Raonic-2012 Australian Open 1st Round Match

Men's Singles, Day 2 - 1st Round - Court 19

11:00 AM (Approx, Tuesday Aussie Time)
8:00 PM (Approx, Monday Night EST)

Milos Raonic(CAN)[23] vs. Filippo Volandri(ITA)

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/schedule7.html

Not sure if TSN is going to air this match live on t.v, they might air it on tape delay the next day, but I assume they will stream the match live on there website.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I don't think Court 19 has a live video feed so it probably won't even be live streamed.
Djokovic will be playing at the same time anyway and I'm sure that's what TSN will be showing.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I think Scrubby is correct. The only times I remember seeing video from court 19 is when ESPN sends one camera and one commentator to the court if an American is playing in a close match.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I had a look at australianopen.com. Raonic is the second of three matches on court 19, so it will start 1-2.5 hours after 8pm eastern, depending on if the ladies' match prior goes 2 or three sets.

This is likely why the ESPN broadcast window TSN shows starts an hour in... show the end of the opening match, then get to Djokovic.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It looks like Ranoic will move on to the 2nd Round at the Aussie Open, as he leads his opponent right now 6-4, 6-0, 3-2

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
TSN never had the Raonic match scheduled. It was on an untelevised court. Wozniak's match was streamed on TSN.ca though.

ESPN's broadcast window began at 9pm because the Tennis Channel has exclusive coverage from 7-9 ET in the US.

TSN is streaming coverage of Hisense Arena, Margaret Court Arena and Show Court 8 using the international feed.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Raonic plays today at 7 pm ET on a televised court.

I've e-mailed TSN to please post on their website as early as possible that they will live stream the match.

·
Registered
679 Posts
On "The Reporters" show with Dave Hodge he said that TSN would show it starting at 12:30 pm ET and NOT 2:30 pm ET as originally scheduled.

And yes it was amazing tennis.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well, I set the alarm for 3.30am but just couldn't force myself out of bed.

I spent the morning and early afternoon avoiding all news knowing that TSN's coverage would begin at 2.30pm. But based on previous experience I knew that the TSN schedule was unreliable so around 12.30 I was going to put TSN on but chose not to in case their (archaic) bottom line showed the result. At 1.15 I decided to take a chance and put on TSN whilst blocking (with my arm!) the bottom part of the screen. Sure enough they were near the end of the first set. I then realised the match must have gone 5 sets in order to end right at 6pm when the all important Sports Centre was scheduled to begin. With that in mind a lot of the suspense was taken out of it knowing Nadal would win the 4th set tie break as any other result would've ended the match too soon before Sports Centre. Had they started the match on schedule at 2.30 it not only would've pre-empted Sports Centre but also the NFL Pro-Bowl game. Given TSN's sycophantic relationship with the NFL there's no way they would let that happen.

Anyway, a glorious match just like the Djokovic v Murray semi-final. Just think of Djokovic playing nearly five hours on Friday night followed by six on Sunday then compare him to NFL running backs who need to sit out a play after a whole 12 yard run or other fat NFLers who literally need an oxygen mask after a couple of short plays.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
That's why tennis is probably the worst sport to watch on tape delay. You can kind of guess how many sets it will go based on how big a window it is scheduled for.

I caught the 5th set this morning. Absolutely amazing tennis. It doesn't match the 2008 or 2009 Wimbledon finals for me, but fantastic anyway. I really hope we get Nadal/Djokovic in the Roland Garros final.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Anyway, a glorious match just like the Djokovic v Murray semi-final. Just think of Djokovic playing nearly five hours on Friday night followed by six on Sunday then compare him to NFL running backs who need to sit out a play after a whole 12 yard run or other fat NFLers who literally need an oxygen mask after a couple of short plays.
You really can't compare a non-contact sport like tennis with a full-contact sport like football. Some football players can barely walk for the first 2-3 days after playing a game because their bodies are so bruised and injured from getting hit all the time.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Davis Cup Vancouver Day 1 Friday:
Pospisil/Tsonga on Sportsnet at 5 PM EST followed by Raonic/Benneteau.

·
Registered
689 Posts
According to their website Rogers SN One will also have live coverage of the USA v Switzerland tie at 9am ET. I'm not sure though if that tie will also be streamed at Sportsnet.ca.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Sportsnet One will be showing Raonic' semi-final from San Jose CA at 6:30 pm EST after the basketball game.
It will be on tape delay by a few hours.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Sportsnet One is showing the Raonic final at 6 PM ET.
Note that this is an approximate time because San Jose has scheduled it after the doubles final.

81 - 100 of 252 Posts