Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Not just for Bell simsubbing. They are picking up the NBC feed because it is readily available and better than the international feed. They used the ESPN2 feed on Thursday for the same reason.

·
Registered
945 Posts
at ~10:55am EST, TSN switches to International feed in the middle of the tiebreak? interesting?

edit: couple minutes later, its back to NBC. what are you doing TSN

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Raonic plays his first match on grass (Wimbledon warmup) Tuesday at Halle Germany a 250 event.
Sportsnet is not showing this tournament and live streaming is only on center court and unfortunately Milos is on court1.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Sportsnet has confirmed to me that they will have Raonic's matches Friday-onwards (so his quarter, semi and final) if he makes it that far. If he doesn't, they aren't sure what they will have for coverage (if they have any at all).

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Why do they announce these changes on twitter and then it takes them many many hours to actually show the schedule change on their website???

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Are they saying the broadcast will start at 10am exactly?
The match is the third of the day all starting at 6am EDT so the match could start as early as 9am EDT, although not too likely.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Thankyou Sportsnet for showing us two of Milos' matches. It is much appreciated when they change their schedules to accommodate us fans.

He's also going to be playing in the doubles final on Sunday. I'm not a big fan of doubles tennis but it would be interesting to watch if Sportsnet decides to show it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Sportsnet will not be showing the doubles final with Raonic and I don't see it on live streaming either.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I just put on RS One to watch the last hour or so of PTS and there is Davis Cup tennis on between the US and Spain. Hurrah! (They really do need to publicize what's on their channels a lot better).

·
Registered
689 Posts
Looks like TSN's coverage of the US Open won't begin until 1pm ET. (I think it was the same last year as I recall something like that being discussed on these boards in 2010). Presumably during week days TSN is relying on ESPN (and to a lesser extent CBS) and not using Tennis Channel - currently showing the Ryan Harrison v Marin Cilic match which started at 11am. TSN usually does have Tennis Channel coverage on the middle Saturday night of the US Open so it's not as if they can't use TC's feed. Sportscentre is on both TSN channels instead.:mad:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Disappointed we didn't get to see the rest of the entertaining Isner v Baghdatis match as TSN only has the main ESPN coverage which left after the 2nd set to show Roddick. At least in the US when the main ESPN channel leaves halfway through a match US viewers have other platforms - other ESPN TV and online channels and (I believe) the US Open website - so they can continue watching it. Here in Canada we've got ESPN's main feed on TSN television and nothing else. What's wrong with TSN.ca?

21 - 40 of 252 Posts