Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Sportsnet One is showing Washington ATP at 4pm ET today and Raonic is scheduled to play at that time so hopefully we will see that match.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
TSN is showing Raonic' first round match from the US Open today at 11AM ET, and the Bell Sat TV guide is still showing a 1PM start to tennis.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Canada vs Serbia Davis Cup starts Friday 10AM ET on Sportsnet.
First match Pospisil vs Djokovic followed by Raonic vs Tipsarevic.
Players designated can be changed up to 5 min before start of match.

·
Registered
689 Posts
So I'm enjoying the Roger Federer v Ernests Gulbis match. The Latvian Gulbis leading two sets to one. Then TSN suddenly leaves the match and goes to a Milos Raonic match that is just starting. The other match can be watched online but it just seems very unprofessional to leave in the middle of the fourth set all because a Canadian is playing on another court. Federer is probably a bigger draw than Raonic even here in Canada but the petty nationalists at TSN don't seem to believe anyone would watch tennis unless a Canadian is playing.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
My preference is different. I want to watch the Canadian matches even if they aren't the highest ranked players and am glad that TSN is giving priority to their games.

And TSN has been upfront that they were going to carry Raonic and Bouchard games when TV of their games were available to them. TSN's web site tennis section has had announcements that they would be carrying the Canadian's games except for their first round games for which live TV feeds weren't available.

·
Registered
689 Posts
They left a match in the 4th set involving Roger Federer!

Their website coverage was poor as it constantly quit and I don't think it was my computer that was to blame as I haven't had this problem with any other sites. They've got a very small town mentality. Besides, what were they showing on their main channel that was so important? Reruns of Sportscentre. Surely they could've shown both the Raonic match and the end of Federer's without upsetting too many people.

241 - 252 of 252 Posts