Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

221 - 240 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Looks like Sportsnet is cutting back on tennis coverage. Unlike last year we haven't had any early week Monte Carlo Open tennis this year, including Raonic's matches; instead we've got radio talk shows - Baseball Central, Hockey Central, Soccer Central - repeated throughout the day. According to their online broadcast schedule they won't start showing any tennis until Thursday.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #222 (Edited)
You have a good memory if they previously showed early round coverage of Masters 1000 tournaments.

With Raonic/Tomic now in the doubles semi-final, it will be interesting to see if Sportsnet shows any of that.
I'm not a doubles fan so I don't know how much tv coverage there is of it. I know the doubles quarter-finals weren't televised by any broadcaster.

·
Registered
689 Posts
No Masters tournament this week but there is an ATP 500 from Barcelona with Nadal scheduled to play. Milos Raonic is also there and is up first on Wednesday at 11 AM Barcelona time (presumably 5AM ET) on a smaller court. No tennis action is listed on Sportsnet's broadcast guide until Thursday morning.

Incidentally, the Sportsnet website is not very user friendly especially when trying to find out if they are streaming anything.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Raonic will be playing the quarter-final Thursday approximately 11am ET and Sportsnet One is showing tennis at that time so we should see the match.

The best place to see Sportsnet One's plans is their Twitter page, but even there, they make last minute decisions many times.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Checking live streaming sites for Thursday, it appears only the Center Court matches are being shown.
Raonic on Court 1 will therefore probably not be televised at all.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
With the rainout, Raonic is still scheduled for Court 1 on Friday so I suspect no tv coverage again.
If Raonic wins the first match, the second match Friday is also scheduled for Court 1 so again no tv coverage.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
The Raonic/Nadal match is scheduled live Saturday on Sportsnet One at 10am ET.
However the weather forecast is for rain.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #228 (Edited)
As expected rain delay in Barcelona.
No rescheduled timeline yet.

They say the rain has stopped (for how long?) and the 2 semifinals will now be played at the same time. Fortunately for us the Raonic/Nadal match is scheduled for Center Court, so we should see any tennis played there, assuming Sportsnet will cut into their current programming.

Match is now scheduled to start at 11:15am ET.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Tennis Channel providing a 16x9 SD feed, but TSN SD is showing it 4x3. Thus its zoomed in, text missing from the scoreboard, part of the court missing, etc.

Geeze.

Although Im surprised theyve left the tennis channel ticker on.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
From Halle Germany, Raonic is scheduled to play Tuesday at 6am ET and Sportsnet's guide shows tennis. However it also showed tennis this Monday morning but I didn't see any tennis.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
TSN has just posted that they will show the Raonic match from Wimbledon on TSN, starting within the half hour.

·
Registered
560 Posts
What! That is not good news.

First NBC no longer has Wimbledon, and now CBS doesn't have the US Open! These are the networks we all grew up watching these tournaments on, and to have them shift to another network means loss of continuity in presentation (graphics, announcers, theme music).

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
TSN is showing the Eugenie Bouchard match Wednesday morning in its entirety at approximately 8:30 AM ET.

·
Registered
945 Posts
More awesome SD coverage by TSN. Want to see the players names and scores? too bad I guess. :roll:

tsn lurker in here? minutes after posting, its fixed.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Our last Canadian singles player standing Eugenie Bouchard will be live on TSN Friday morning approximately 8:30 AM ET.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Is TSN running some kind of joke or something?

WHO CARES ABOUT NHL WHATEVER FRENZY ON TSN2. And why run it for SO LONG.

Way to ruin it TSN. Idiots.

221 - 240 of 252 Posts