Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
ATP tour has 3 levels of tournaments. Masters 1000, 500 and 250. Basically refers to the points to the winner of the event.

It used to have WTA as well, but they went on their own.

As for access you would either airplay it, or use a streamer, unless your smarttv can add the app.
Thanks for the explanation, I assume the WTA points are pretty much the same.
I don't have a smart tv, just an old Panny plasma which I am dreading the thought of having to replace in the probable near future.
Firestick is the only streamer I have.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the explanation, I assume the WTA points are pretty much the same.
I don't have a smart tv, just an old Panny plasma which I am dreading the thought of having to replace in the probable near future.
Firestick is the only streamer I have.
I would have been certain they would have it on Firestick, but when I went to tennistv.com it didn't say so explicitly.

Women's tour is similar in terms of tournament classification, but I believe they call their top level events 500.

Did see this on their site though: Site not available

May be of interest?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would have been certain they would have it on Firestick, but when I went to tennistv.com it didn't say so explicitly.

Women's tour is similar in terms of tournament classification, but I believe they call their top level events 500.

Did see this on their site though: Site not available

May be of interest?
Thanks for the information, it's very helpful, I've downloaded the DAZN app to my fireTV, haven't activated it as yet.
I got excited when I saw they have cricket but apparently it is only Canadian cricket they show.

·
Super Moderator
20,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
TSN and RDS announced today a multi-year media rights agreement that continues to make the Bell Media sports networks Canada’s exclusive English and French-language homes of WIMBLEDON.

WIMBLEDON is part of TSN and RDS’s exclusive live coverage of all four Grand Slam tennis tournaments, which continues with the 2021 US OPEN, running August 30 to September 12. (Bell Media Press Release)

·
Super Moderator
20,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Live coverage of 2021 National Bank Open presented by Rogers runs from Monday, Aug. 9 at 11 a.m. ET to August 15. Taking the sights, sounds and action of the ATP and WTA to viewers coast-to-coast-to-coast, Sportsnet is serving up coverage from the four main courts across Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE, and Sportsnet 360, and via live stream on SN NOW. Matches played on secondary courts will stream exclusively on SN NOW, plus additional content, videos and analysis on sportsnet.ca and the Sportsnet App. See the Press Release for the full broadcast schedule.

----

I noticed on Zap2it under "ATP Tennis" that TSN currently has coverage of Citi Open in Washington and Western & Southern Open beginning August 16 in Cincinnati.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Live coverage of 2021 National Bank Open presented by Rogers runs from Monday, Aug. 9 at 11 a.m. ET to August 15. Taking the sights, sounds and action of the ATP and WTA to viewers coast-to-coast-to-coast, Sportsnet is serving up coverage from the four main courts across Sportsnet, Sportsnet ONE, and Sportsnet 360, and via live stream on SN NOW. Matches played on secondary courts will stream exclusively on SN NOW, plus additional content, videos and analysis on sportsnet.ca and the Sportsnet App. See the Press Release for the full broadcast schedule.

----

I noticed on Zap2it under "ATP Tennis" that TSN currently has coverage of Citi Open in Washington and Western & Southern Open beginning August 16 in Cincinnati.
I wonder how long Rogers will continue to carry the Canadian tournaments now that National Bank is title sponsor rather than Rogers. I can understand given the money they are bleeding on the NHL contract, but they must be looking to cut costs everywhere.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not sure if this should be in the Fibe forum instead, but we recently switched to Fibe, and instead of having to go on to the TSN app for the extra channels for additional courts, I can just go to them from the guide. Real nice not needing to go into the app and go back and forth.

Also makes up for the fact they aren't using their 5 channels even though they talk about how they have them to do "wall-to-wall" coverage.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm actually surprised that I don't mind what Mark Tessier has to say doing commentary on Pospisil's match, but someone needs to tell him he doesn't need to seem like he is yelling. I don't know if it's from a studio somewhere, but he sounds as though he is trying to talk over something.

·
Registered
439 Posts
So who's enjoying watching Leylah Annie Fernandez.
Wish I had some of her energy, have absolutely loved her last two matches.
She's certainly brought some excitement into this year's open.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was about to say they wouldn't want that final, but given the other possibilities, they probably would rather see those two.

I think Fernandez has a much better chance of advancing than FAA. Don't see Medvedev giving him too many chances.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I think they'd be over the moon, both the girls are the crowd darlings at the moment.
I guess we'll know if it's going to happen by the end of tonight.
I wish they'd show more doubles matches on TSN, those are do much fun to watch.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think they'd be over the moon, both the girls are the crowd darlings at the moment.
I guess we'll know if it's going to happen by the end of tonight.
I wish they'd show more doubles matches on TSN, those are do much fun to watch.
The bonus channels tend to have the doubles matches. You can watch through the app, or if you have Fibe they are on the guide.

As far as organizers, they want stars who bring in TV ratings. The on site crowd have already paid their money, so they don't care about them. The organizers care only about the cash. They want players in the final who will make ESPN et al. pay the most money to air it.

Insane that she has made the final though.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The bonus channels tend to have the doubles matches. You can watch through the app, or if you have Fibe they are on the guide.

As far as organizers, they want stars who bring in TV ratings. The on site crowd have already paid their money, so they don't care about them. The organizers care only about the cash. They want players in the final who will make ESPN et al. pay the most money to air it.

Insane that she has made the final though.
Re the organizers, I think this final is a dream for them, these girls are the new stars and bring so much more excitement into the game. Not to mention the fact neither of them shriek, scream or grunt.
I think the majority of viewers will be very happy to see something entirely new and fresh in womens tennis and I am sure there will be no lack of companies queuing up to pay for commercials during the match.
Does TSN even have ratings? If so, I reckon they will be up on Saturday night even though I think the final is up against some football game?

Btw, I am with Rogers Ignite.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re the organizers, I think this final is a dream for them, these girls are the new stars and bring so much more excitement into the game. Not to mention the fact neither of them shriek, scream or grunt.
I think the majority of viewers will be very happy to see something entirely new and fresh in womens tennis and I am sure there will be no lack of companies queuing up to pay for commercials during the match.
Does TSN even have ratings? If so, I reckon they will be up on Saturday night even though I think the final is up against some football game?

Btw, I am with Rogers Ignite.
I think you are a bit optimistic. Osaka was "something new". Kenin was as well. It's great for the two of them to make this final, and a qualifier winning is quite the story. But Genie Bouchard was quite the story, where is she now? Let them put up some consistent results before saying what they will do.

NO shrieking or screaming is certainly something that will make me a fan of a female tennis player, second only to a one-handed backhand!

41 - 60 of 77 Posts