Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
I copied this from the top of the TSN page link in the press release: "TSN DIRECT: STREAM EVERY MATCH OF THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN!"

https://www.tsn.ca/daily-australian-open-coverage-on-tsn-1.424045
I don't know where you found that headline because it isn't on the press release posted earlier in this thread. Regardless, it also isn't remotely accurate. If you look at the link you provided, they only have four online streams while there are dozens of courts in action at any one time.

·
Super Moderator
18,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That headline was at the top of the TSN page. There seem to be a lot of matches listed.

·
Super Moderator
18,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
TSN Expands Tennis Coverage with New Slate of Marquee WTA Tour Events, Beginning February 23

TSN announced today it has expanded the network’s live court coverage with the addition of a slate of marquee WTA Tour events, featuring the biggest stars of women’s tennis, beginning Sunday, Feb. 23 with the QATAR OPEN.

TSN’s schedule of live WTA Tour coverage in the 2020 season includes the following tournaments:
QATAR TOTAL OPEN (Doha): Feb. 23-29
BNP PARIBAS OPEN (Indian Wells): Mar. 11-22
MIAMI OPEN: Mar. 24 - Apr. 4
MUTUA MADRID OPEN: May 2 - 9
INTERNAZIONALI BNL D’ITALIA (Rome): May 11 - 17
WESTERN & SOUTHERN OPEN (Cincinnati): Aug. 17-23
WUHAN OPEN: Sept. 27 - Oct. 3
CHINA OPEN (Beijing): Oct. 3-11
SHISEIDO WTA FINALS SHENZHEN: Nov. 1-8

TSN and TSN Direct subscribers can watch the network’s complete slate of live tennis coverage on TSN’s five national television feeds as well as through the network’s digital streaming platforms, including TSN.ca and the TSN app, which also feature breaking news, highlights, scores, and video analysis.

TSN.ca’s Multiplex also provides access for subscribers to watch multiple tournament matches at once across TSN’s five feeds, as well as unique bonus streams.

·
Super Moderator
18,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
TSN serves up the final Grand Slam of the season as exclusive live coverage of the 2020 FRENCH OPEN airs from Sept. 27 – Oct. 11. Bonus multi-court feeds are available to TSN and TSN Direct subscribers through the TSN app and the TSN Multiplex player on TSN.ca. (Press Release)

Some TV providers also carry the bonus feeds. Bell MTS has TSNX1 through TSNX4.

·
Super Moderator
18,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Sportsnet and Tennis Canada today announced a multi-year domestic media rights extension agreement for the National Bank Open presented by Rogers (formerly Rogers Cup presented by National Bank).

National cross-court coverage of ATP (Aug. 7-15) and WTA (Aug. 6-15) will air across Sportsnet’s TV platforms and stream live on SN NOW. Details of Sportsnet’s coverage, including broadcast teams and schedule, will be announced in coming months. (Rogers Press Release)

·
Super Moderator
18,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
TSN kicks off its exclusive coverage of Grand Slam tennis with the 2021 AUSTRALIAN OPEN, beginning with the First Round on Sunday, Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. ET on TSN (complete broadcast schedule available here). TSN.ca’s Multiplex also provides access for subscribers to watch multiple matches airing at once across TSN’s five feeds, as well as unique bonus streams. French-language coverage of the tournament is available on RDS.

TSN has the court covered throughout the entire 2021 season, delivering all four Grand Slams – the AUSTRALIAN OPEN, FRENCH OPEN, WIMBLEDON, and U.S. OPEN. TSN also delivers ATP 250, 500, and 1000 events as well as a slate of WTA 1000 tournaments throughout the tennis season. (Full Press Release)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I notice TSN is not putting matches across all five channels this year. Sportscentre reruns apparently draw better ratings the 6th time on air?

·
Super Moderator
18,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I notice TSN is not putting matches across all five channels this year.
TSN also have 4 bonus channels they activate during special events to carry additional games/matches, although I don't know if all TV providers carry them. You should be able to sign in online if you don't get them through your TV provider.

·
Registered
85 Posts
TSN also have 4 bonus channels they activate during special events to carry additional games/matches, although I don't know if all TV providers carry them. You should be able to sign in online if you don't get them through your TV provider.
Sure but it's a bit of a pain(the App for my SmartTv anyway), particularly when in years past, all the matches were on the satellite. I would be curious as to why they feel from midnight to noon the next day they should have either SC or SC with Jay basically the entire time rather than more live sports.

Genuine question, does it cost more to air more of the tennis? I mean once the rights fees are paid, they don't pay more do they? Can all the SCs just be fed into a computer and that is that? Whereas a technician would need to be working?

·
Super Moderator
18,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Genuine question, does it cost more to air more of the tennis?
I get all 9 TSN feeds on Bell MTS Fibe TV, so they're already paying for the linear TV rights. I spot-checked a few other providers and it looks like only Bell Fibe TV and Bell Satellite carry the 4 extra feeds.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I signed up for the Sprotsnet- SN package with Rogers 2 days go. It was worth the 20$ just to watch the Nick Kyrgios game.
Too bad it was just a replay but definitely better than not seeing it.
Great game. It was an ESPN feed, how does that work?

·
Super Moderator
18,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
TSN's multi-court coverage of WIMBLEDON begins Monday, June 28 at 6 a.m. ET, running through July 11(complete broadcast schedule is available here). Additional bonus court coverage available on TSN.ca, the TSN app and Bell Fibe TV. Extensive French-language coverage of WIMBLEDON is available on RDS. TSN’s exclusive live coverage of all four Grand Slam tennis tournaments concludes with the 2021 U.S. OPEN, running August 30 to September 12. TSN is also home to comprehensive coverage of the ATP and WTA Tour events throughout the season. (Full Press Release)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Does anyone know when the next tennis coverage on TSN will be and what it will be.
I only signed up for TSN for Wimbledon but if there will be coverage of lesser tournaments from the WTA tour I would consider keeping it until after the US open.
I've been going around in circles trying to find information.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Does anyone know when the next tennis coverage on TSN will be and what it will be.
I only signed up for TSN for Wimbledon but if there will be coverage of lesser tournaments from the WTA tour I would consider keeping it until after the US open.
I've been going around in circles trying to find information.
I can't speak to the app, perhaps there are other tournaments, but TSN tends to air 500 and up. 250s, not so much.

If you want basically all the tennis you can handle, tennis.tv is a good option. $150 for a year and you get everything outside of the majors. At least that is what it was when I had it a few years ago. The WTA had broken away and attempted their own digital strategy. I don't believe it was successful, and they have come back to the "table" so to speak. If tennis is your primary interest, it could be worth it. Matches are all on demand as well, so you don't have to worry about pvr or TSN not showing the match you want to see.

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I can't speak to the app, perhaps there are other tournaments, but TSN tends to air 500 and up. 250s, not so much.

If you want basically all the tennis you can handle, tennis.tv is a good option. $150 for a year and you get everything outside of the majors. At least that is what it was when I had it a few years ago. The WTA had broken away and attempted their own digital strategy. I don't believe it was successful, and they have come back to the "table" so to speak. If tennis is your primary interest, it could be worth it. Matches are all on demand as well, so you don't have to worry about pvr or TSN not showing the match you want to see.
Thanks for your reply, I don't know what you mean by air 500 and up, 250's not so much.

I looked at tennis tv but it only covers the mens tour at the moment I am finding women's tennis much more interesting.
If it covered both WTA and APT, I would definitely be interested in subscribing to it although not sure how I could access it with my tv.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks for your reply, I don't know what you mean by air 500 and up, 250's not so much.

I looked at tennis tv but it only covers the mens tour at the moment I am finding women's tennis much more interesting.
If it covered both WTA and APT, I would definitely be interested in subscribing to it although not sure how I could access it with my tv.
ATP tour has 3 levels of tournaments. Masters 1000, 500 and 250. Basically refers to the points to the winner of the event.

It used to have WTA as well, but they went on their own.

As for access you would either airplay it, or use a streamer, unless your smarttv can add the app.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts