Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TSN's live multi-court coverage of WIMBLEDON begins with first round action on Monday, July 1 at 6 a.m. ET on TSN. TSN’s complete WIMBLEDON schedule is available at TSN.ca.

In addition to expansive coverage on TSN’s five feeds, TSN subscribers will have access to unique bonus court feeds available for live streaming at TSN.ca/Live and on the TSN app.

Beginning Thursday, July 11 at 7 a.m. ET, the iconic tennis tradition of BREAKFAST AT WIMBLEDON returns to TSN, providing fans with an early morning preview of each day’s marquee matches. Additionally, WIMBLEDON PRIMETIME delivers a rundown of the day’s action every evening throughout the tournament, featuring encore broadcasts, highlights, and recaps of key matches. TSN and TSN Direct subscribers can also access the network’s WIMBLEDON Multiplex video player, allowing fans to watch multiple tournament matches at once across all TSN’s dedicated WIMBLEDON feeds.

WIMBLEDON is part of TSN’s exclusive tennis broadcast schedule that consists of all four Grand Slam tournaments, including the U.S. OPEN, running August 26 to September 8.

Full Press Release

Related Link: https://www.tsn.ca/multiplex

·
Registered
663 Posts
TSN's tennis coverage would be better if their streaming service wasn't a giant pile of ****. For a network that steals everything from ESPN — from programming to graphics — you'd think TSN could also use the same platform that makes WatchESPN so great.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
So at one point in the coverage, I noticed that TSN switched from the ESPN feed to the WORLD feed. So they had access to both. Would had been nice had they put one feed on one set of TSN stations and the other feed on the other set so we could get different commentary.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
For the quarter finals and semi finals the US feed was on one TSN channel and the international feed was on a different TSN channel. The final was on 2 TSN channels, both the US feed. I liked the international feed....

·
Super Moderator
18,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TSN delivers exclusive live coverage of the new season’s first major championship – the 2020 AUSTRALIAN OPEN. TSN’s coverage begins with the First Round on Sunday, Jan. 19 at 7 p.m. ET. The AUSTRALIAN OPEN is the first of the four tennis Grand Slam tournaments airing exclusively on TSN, continuing with the FRENCH OPEN, WIMBLEDON, and US OPEN.

Full Press Release

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would like to watch the Australian Open, is TSN+ the same as TSN?
Looking at Rogers ignite theme packs that's the only TSN I can find. Can you just subscribe for a month?
Just had another look and it appears TSN+ is a 4K channel. I don't have a 4K tv, does that mean I can't view it or would I just see it in 1080p?
Hoping someone can answer these questions for me.
TIA.
Sorry, I just noticed that only one of the TSN channels is in 4K.

·
Registered
226 Posts
@TheHans,

Thanks for your reply, I knew that I could subscribe directly with TSN Direct but I am not sure how that works with streaming it to my tv which is not smart.
The only streaming device I have is Fire tv stick.
I think it would be easier for me to just add the theme pack to my Rogers account and see it as a channel.

·
Super Moderator
18,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Streaming through a browser doesn't work for devices, just Windows or Mac computers. If you want to stream to a device like a Fire Stick, you need an app for the service and there isn't a Fire Stick app for TSN.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Meh, TSN's online coverage is garbage compared to ESPN and always has been. ESPN streams every single court, every single day which means every single match is covered from men's to doubles to wheelchair. The best TSN can do is offer three courts? Get outta here!

·
Registered
551 Posts
ESPN streams every single court, every single day which means every single match is covered from men's to doubles to wheelchair. The best TSN can do is offer three courts?
All true, but he can't stream ESPN here legally after all and so we can't talk about how he can get ESPN. So at least TSN is available to him.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks for all the replies, just disappointed there wasn't better news.
So nobody in Canada covers all the courts and matches unless you use TSN direct which has no app for Firestick?
I have read conflicting articles that TSN app is available for FireTV 4k but have not been able to find it.
I would have purchased one if there was an available app that worked well.
It's hard to believe that something like the tennis grand slams are not available anywhere, would think that someone would be happy to take your money.
Guess I will just have to do without, I particularly wanted to watch certain players, so even if I subscribe to TSN through Ignite, I wouldn't neccessarily be able to watch any of these players.
I don't understand why ESPN is not available in Canada. Surely they would make a killing.:confused:

Btw, I'm a she not a he.:eek:

·
Registered
551 Posts
You can probably sideload the TSN app on your Firestick. There are youtube videos all over explaining how to sideload an app on a Firestick. It's *really* easy. You can get ESPN in Canada, it's just a grey-area of legality. If you don't care about that, you can do it. Sorry for calling you "he," I'm a "she" too. :)

·
Super Moderator
18,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Meh, TSN's online coverage is garbage compared to ESPN and always has been. ESPN streams every single court, every single day which means every single match is covered from men's to doubles to wheelchair.
I copied this from the top of the TSN page link in the press release: "TSN DIRECT: STREAM EVERY MATCH OF THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN!"

https://www.tsn.ca/daily-australian-open-coverage-on-tsn-1.424045

@bluedrongo You can use your TV provider credentials (Rogers in your case) to login to the TSN web streams or app if you subscribe to TSN. TSN has 5 TV channels that it can use and that you can watch on your Rogers box, although other programming is also covered. If the match you want to see isn't on one of the TSN channels, you can login to watch it online live or later on demand. I don't subscribe to TSN, but my understanding is you shouls be able to watch the same content as TSN Direct.

You can use your computer to stream a match and plug in an HDMI cable to watch it on a TV.

·
Registered
226 Posts
@TheHans,

Thanks for the info, I had earlier looked into an app that helps sideload the TSN app but apparently the first app has been playing up after updates.
Good to know there are more of us she's around the board :)
@Dr.Dave, Thanks for that information. I think I will try adding TSN to my Ignite, pretty sure I can drop it after a month and if it works out then I can do the same for the other grand slams.
I do have an HDMI switch that has 3 HDMI inputs that are not being used.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts