Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dish is telling me that my signal is temporarily unavailable although when I go to the point dish feature I am well over 85 for signal strength any help would be great thank you

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it pointing at the correct satellite. You could have a strong signal from the wrong satellite.
Yes it is. I should have mentioned it’s been working fine for years. Just In the last week it’s telling me about the signal being down but when I trouble shoot it’s showing my signals being perfect. So when I close it out it says 0 of 5. Confused I guess. I even tried a check switch and it came back with less satellites so I didn’t save.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
If it is seeing less satellites, then one of the satellites is not being seen. Do you see both satellites on point dish screen? Perhaps a tree has grown to block one of them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it is seeing less satellites, then one of the satellites is not being seen. Do you see both satellites on point dish screen? Perhaps a tree has grown to block one of them.
Both 91 and 82 are showing a good signal. I feel like it’s a receiver issue. I’m pretty stumped.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Could be the bad capacitor issue. Do a search of this site you will find many issues and which capacitors are the bad ones.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The capacitors in front of your tuner(s) have failed. If it's a dual tuner, there are 8 capacitors that you need to check. If it's a single tuner, there are 3 capacitors that you need to check.

If you need a hand, let me know, i repair receivers.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
That message is the standard generic error message from the receiver. It doesn't tell you a thing.

I had that message one evening in late May. Signal strengths were OK but not great on both inputs (9242 receiver). Given that that GTA was having a deuce of a thunderstorm that evening, I assumed that the problem was at the transmission end. By the next morning the signals were back to normal and haven't wavered since then so I haven't looked into it any further.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I had the same issue with a rental 9241. Tried a 6131in same spot an no issues. Figured it was the 9241 and had it replaced. Same issue with replacement 9241.ended up being the power inserter for my old sw44.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So it’s happening Again. Same issue . Turn on TV channel works as soon as I try to change the channel it gives me the “ temporarily unavailable” wrap. Signal on 91 is 87 and signal on 82 is 88. This has been happening for about a week. Also my TVs downstairs don’t seem to be affected at all by this. They work fine. I tried a check switch and it said it found less satellites. This was done when no channels were working and I didn’t save the settings. Also to note one of my TVs downstairs runs to the same dish as the not working receiver.

·
Registered
819 Posts
You have to save when you have run a Check Switch, otherwise nothing has ghanged as far as the receiver is concerned.

Try the Check Switch with NO cables on the input, save that result, this will force the receiver back to a default state, then connect cable and run again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts