Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to watch something on HDNET in the next few days but I don't normally subscribe to it. Has anyone ordered a channel for a day or two and then cancelled your subscription? Will they likely try to charge me for the whole month?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Colour me ignorant, but how exactly can I order the HDNet/Discovery HD channels? And how much do they cost? I can't find anything about them being in any Digital Theme packs on the Cogeco website, and on my digital cable guide it doesn't give me any prices for them when I click on Info on their respective channels.

Also, is it possible for me to not have to pay for the channels if I tell the people at Cogeco to, say, swap my More Movies theme pack (the one I got with my Digital Select 1 pack) for a HDNet/Discovery HD theme pack (if one exists)?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
HDNet (channel 781 ) is available to the majority of Cogeco HD Television
subscribers through the new HD Premium Pack that also includes Discovery HD (channel 780).
The HD Premium Pack is available at $6.00 per month, in addition to the HD Access Fee.
This was copied and pasted from the 2006 Archives forum on here... I believe you will need to subscribe to the HD Pack/Access Fee ($5) and add on the Premium pack ($6) in order to get those two channels, so $11 extra a month and the premium pack only includes those two channels.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Is it me or is that a lot of dough for 2 channels?
Aside from basic, which I'll concede is a deal, everything on Cogeco is alot of dough compared to other providers.

And the HD charges are the worst.

·
Banned
364 Posts
These two channels have been a package for $6 from day one (although they were included free with HD Access for a while).

They are considered premium because there is no SD equivalent (Discovery SD doesn't have the same program lineup).

You can probably get them for a few days if you call to add them, then call when you're done with them and cancel. I've never had a channel/package for only a couple days, but whenever I make changes they're always prorated.

I don't know if there's any sort of minimum but I wouldn't tell them when you order the package that you only want it for a few days.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a 30 day commitment for the HD premium pack, so I'll get my money's worth by watching as many HD episodes of "Jag" as I can until August. Meanwhile, people in other parts of the city get at least 20 extra HD channels for the same price that I pay, but never mind.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts