Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 299 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56,505 Posts
New Channels always generate a lot of discussion so this thread is for discussing new channels in 2011.

You're welcome to speculate and discuss new channels coming to Telus in 2011 but PLEASE unless it's been confirmed by an official press release, be clear about what is speculation and what is fact.

A post saying "a CSR said it was coming" is NOT official, however, it does put it in the "highly" likely category.

If its posted on the CRTC site that its been approved by the CRTC but Telus has not said anything, I would consider that in the "not very likely at this time" category.

Replaces 2010: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=131831

·
Registered
24 Posts
More HD!

I want to get more HD channels, and I want em now! Fox News and Encore Avenue for starters. I think telus should able to offer more HD than shaw since shaw has to broadcast all the hd at once, dont they?

·
Registered
130 Posts
CBC HD east feed

I can't understand why TELUS doesn't offer an East feed for CBC HD. I have 4 HD feeds for CTV, CityTV and Global, but only one for CBC. It makes no sense...

·
Registered
42 Posts
HGTV and WildHD

New Channels? Was browsing this morning.

680 HGTV

654 WildHD

Seems like there are a few additional French HD channels as well.

Cheers

Pain

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK I see we have some new HD channels. I can view them all except HGTV HD. I was wondering if I am the only one who can't see HGTV HD.It shows up in the guide but says I have to call Telus to order when the channel is selected. I can watch the SD HGTV channel. Right now I am on a free preview of all channels. Anyone else experience this?

·
Banned
328 Posts
Same, this happened before when they added some channels to me. I had to call and get them to turn them on even though I was suppose to get them. Last time however the new channels (Oasis et al) were in a new HD pack and I had to pay for it (I declined), is HGTV HD part of the regular packs or a newer add-on package?

·
Registered
598 Posts
14 new French channels in HD. HGTV in HD isn't working for me either but I don't have anything except basic cable.

Just did a count and Telus only have some 14 free slots between 600 (1st HD channel) and 697 (first radio channel) so some realignment is going to have to happen if more than 14 HD channels are added soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wonder if those french hd channels will cost extra from the french package of channels or not...
and I too can't get HGTV in HD despite having the lifestyle package.

·
Registered
458 Posts
nice to see they added 14 more French channels..more channels to uncheck from my guide :)

i am same boat as others with HGTV. I have the lifestyle package with the SD HGTV. anyone know if the HD HGtv is extra? i would have thought it was included. Just wondering if its just a case of having to call in? Dont want to have to go thru that whole phone CSR thing just to find out i cant get it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
HGTV wasn't active in my programming guide as well. I called Telus and they added the HD feed for lifestyle.

Thanks for the heads up on the new channels guys

·
Registered
131 Posts
HGTV 680

Why is there different programming on the SD version (142) of HGTV? I thought it would broadcast the same programming. This is first time i am seeing different programming between the SD and HD channels.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Why is there different programming on the SD version (142) of HGTV? I thought it would broadcast the same programming. This is first time i am seeing different programming between the SD and HD channels.
Pretty sure History Television has different programming as well between SD and HD. Probably to take advantage of different content available in HD. Cheers!

·
Banned
9 Posts
I'm getting hooked up later this week with YourPickHD, and want HD HGTV. Which pack will I need to get the HD HGTV - Lifestyle, or Lifestyle Extra?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks Telus...

...for adding HGTV in HD, but please fix the guide so it shows the right programs.

Can't set the recordings properly if the guide is wrong. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
89 Posts
Hey! Habs Fans!!!!

just updated my box and it seems we have RDS HD now!!!!!!

channel 695!!!!

wooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
328 Posts
I also didn't get the HGTV HD feed until I called in and they activated it. It is part of the Lifestyle HD pack so will be added to that package at no extra cost.

1 - 20 of 299 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.