Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Toronto, ON – TELUS today announced it is targeting September 24th for the launch of the new BlackBerry Torch™ 9800 smartphone on Canada's fastest mobile network*. Designed especially for socially connected consumers and packed with the tools business customers love, the new handset offers elegant styling with top-of-the-line features and functionality. It's the world's first smartphone to combine a BlackBerry keyboard with a full touch screen experience and the first to feature the new BlackBerry 6.0 operating system.
SOURCE

Update #1 Looks like it's delayed in Canada for at least another week.

·
Registered
61 Posts
BlackBerry Torch on Telus- delayed?

I've heard from my sources that the BlackBerry Torch may not launch on Telus on September 24 (or if it does it'll be a 'soft' launch). I've been told that the new date will be early October.

On the other hand, I know of someone who works on the manufacturing floor at RIM and he says that they are furiously building Torches. Could it be that demand in the US has RIM diverting stocks to US carriers at the expense of Canadian customers?

Regardless, I know I'll be getting a Torch as soon as it's available. My current BlackBerry is getting very long in the tooth (8800).

-dvdrat

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been hearing that it's been delayed on all three big carriers as well. Guess we'll know for sure come Friday. :)

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, it's been delayed on all carriers in Canada. It's believed to be coming out on Sept 30 or Oct 1st now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts