Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There’s no official announcement yet but it seems that TELUS is on the verge of giving the green light to their Saskatchewan HSPA+ network. Taking a look at their website shows a map that seems to be covering the core cities plus some surrounding areas.
Good news for Saskatchewan residents. I wonder if this coverage is shared with Bell or if this part of the network is TELUS exclusive.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
This service is up and running in Saskatchewan however I find it is problematic at this time. My girlfriend is in Regina for work right now and we txt each other back and forth. She has a regular cell phone and I have the Iphone 3GS. We find that txt msgs tend to get lost/go into limbo, some appearing hours later and others are sitting...

Hopefully they will get this working better soon, because as of right now I am less than impressed with this new expanded coverage.

Alt

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By a regular cell phone do you mean a CDMA phone? I've long noticed issues with text messages between CDMA and GSM/HSPA networks. I don't know if there's a formal issue between CDMA and GSM/HSPA though or if it's simply a case of the two networks not cooperating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts