Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
59,108 Posts
Out of curiosity, I just checked my Rogers (dumb) cell phone and it's almost a minute late. The Rogers Home phone on my desk, which gets its time the first time it rings, is about 1/2 minute late. The Rogers STBs are within a second or so of the correct time.

It's very important for the STB/PVRs to be accurate to record properly, and they are pretty close. As for a phone, I don't mind it being off less than a minute, but really it shouldn't be.

Let's see if anything changes on November 7th.

· Super Moderator
59,108 Posts
My Rogers "dumb" phone is currently still on EDT instead of EST. I wonder when that'll be corrected... I tried making a dial out (didn't complete the call) and also powering it down. No difference. Perhaps it's like one of my home phones in that it updates the time on the first incoming call... I haven't tried that yet because I don't care enough to pay for a call... (PAYGo)

· Super Moderator
59,108 Posts
I just checked my phone's settings and found that it was on "manual" instead of "automatic" time. When I switched it to auto, it rebooted the phone and the time was then "correct", if about 30 seconds slow.

I think the phone may have switched to "manual" when I was in Europe a short while ago and it asked if I wanted to change the phone to the local time and I answered "no". I didn't actually use the phone, I was just checking to see if there were any emergency calls and also checking to see the roaming rate in Europe ($2.50/min on my PAYGo, USA is $2/min)

Anyone with time that's off, may wish to check their phone settings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.