Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I scanned through the PiK support and Telus forum and couldn't find any reference to adding more than one box. I even created an online order just to check, but I could only add one box.

It's possible that the Telus reps were thinking of Optik TV or weren't up to speed on all the details of Pik TV. On the other hand, Telus has been making improvements lately, so they may allow 2 boxes now. The best suggestion I have is to challenge the rep and show them where it says only one box is allowed.

If you have a computer you can plug into a TV you could also use that to watch Pik TV. The interface isn't as convenient and data will count towards your monthly cap, but it is an option if you are really interested in Pik TV.

----

I noticed that Telus added a lot more channels you can choose for your 5 included channels. You can now choose 5 out of 82 channels, included entertainment, news and kids channels. See the list here:
https://www.telus.com/en/bc/tv/pik/channels

·
Registered
458 Posts
why cant you have pik tv and optik tv at the same house / address?
Had a look at the pik tv website and it checked availability at me address and said
i cant have both.

·
Super Moderator
17,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Pik TV is for cord-cutters or cord-nevers. It's just a marketing decision. Why do you want both?

Loyalty may be able to switch or give you a deal on Optik, but they don't want to cannibalize their existing base.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Pik TV has launched an Apple TV app, and it apparently works well. Also that previously-mentioned FAQ about third-party apps is gone, but I can’t find any indication that the status of that has changed.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts