Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I've searched the forum and can't find an answer to my question so here goes:

I'm trying to program the Cisco AT6400 remote to use my XBOX 360 as a DVD player. I've seen elsewhere online that other STB remotes (eg. directTv) can operate the 360.

I know that I can pick up a media remote specifically for the xbox 360, but I'd rather have just one for all of them, and save some money at the same time.

Anyone been able to find a code that works?

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried DVD code 2319.
Code accepts but nothing happens when i try and power it off.

I checked the Manual that you posted - it shows that the code is for a proscan dvd player. Have you seen that code work for others?

Any other suggestions ?

·
Super Moderator
56,566 Posts
Have you tried auto search? If it doesn't work, you may be out of luck with that particular remote, as not all remotes contain all the codes.

·
Super Moderator
56,566 Posts
In that case you may wish to consider one of the Harmony remotes. They can control almost anything that uses IR and have been discussed extensively on this forum. They go on sale for as little as $40-$50 occasionally, depending on the model. Of course the latest and greatest go for $200+.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's a shame these remotes don't have a learning mode like my Shaw remote had. I could program that remote to control anything including my media player.

·
Registered
34 Posts
TelusTV DVD remote code with all buttons programmed?

I just received a brand new AppleTV, second generation. It has an interesting feature... it can learn remotes! Rather than trying to figure out how to get your remote to generate the signals the device expects, you simply point the remote at the device and press the button you want for each of about a dozen actions. Genius.

Combined with the TelusTV programmable remote, however, I have a problem. I want to use either the DVD or the AUX modes to control the AppleTV. Since its a programmable remote, the TelusTV remote does not emit anything unless you program it with a device code. Even worse, it turns out that many (most?) of the DVD & AUX modes do not active most of the buttons on the remote. Thus I have an annoying dilemma.

What I'm hoping is somebody here can tell me one code for the TelusTV remote that has most of the buttons active...

up, down, left, right, ok, menu
play, pause, stop
rew, ff
back, skip, *, # <-- these are the problem 4!!

I have all but the bottom line programmed (and found one that provides back), but would like to get the other three working as well. Without trying every damn code on the remote!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Remote code for Dynex TV

Does anyone know what code to use for a Dynex TV? There are no codes for Dynex in the manual so I tried the other manufacturer codes suggested through the Dynex website but still no luck. If you've been able to get this working or have any suggestions please let me know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I should have been clearer.. I have the new Telus Optik TV service and I just purchased a small Dynex LCD HDTV for the bedroom. I would like to use the Optik remote to control the Dynex TV. Just basic functions; power and volume.

Would anyone happen to know who manufacturers the Optik remote?

·
Registered
25 Posts
It looks like the Optik TV remote is a Cisco AT6400 AllTouch. I still can't find the code to control a Dynex TV :mad:

I tried the 922 "scan" feature but no luck there either. If anyone knows the code for controlling a Dynex TV please let me know

·
Super Moderator
17,216 Posts
Dynex TVs tend to be a problem since a lot of universal remotes don't support them. If you can't find a code that works, you can use the STB to control the volume and mute. I believe that is the default setting and the AT6400 manual should describe that setting.

You can set your TV volume to a comfortable level and then use the Optik remote to fine tune the volume up and down as necessary.

·
Registered
46 Posts
try 1463, or 2049, or 2184

Those show in a list of Dynex codes on my list for a universal remote I just bought.

I'm betting one will work for you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dr.Dave - thx that worked perfectly. I'll use that method while I keep trying to locate a code that works. Even if I don't end up finding one I'm glad you posted the message because it solves the biggest issue which was not being able to control volume from the Optik remote.

KC1974 - thx for the suggestions I'll definitely try those when I get home. Hopefully one of those codes will enable me to power on/off the TV.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Dynex doesnt work on the TELUS remote. If it does PLEASE tell me the code. I've tried several times on different models of the Dynex line but 'no joy' ever.

Perhaps a Harmony would work.
Anyone used a Harmony with a Dynex

I'll look next time I`m online with my Harmony if I remember. Harmony is a great remote and runs the 330 and 430 perfectly, all functions are avail, but you need to map a `back `button, but that`s no problem.

Oh and neither does Humax.

- another TELUS tech

·
Registered
25 Posts
@Wiremonkey - I wasn't able to find a code for my Dynex TV. It doesn't make sense because you can configure every TV under the sun but for whatever reason Dynex isn't supported.

·
Super Moderator
56,566 Posts
If the Telus remote is a learning remote (outlined in the remote's operating manual), then you could teach it the codes from your TV remote.

If not, then you could get a Harmony, which can control anything with IR (I assume the TV uses IR). You could check with Harmony before purchase.

·
Banned
548 Posts
@Wiremonkey - I wasn't able to find a code for my Dynex TV. It doesn't make sense because you can configure every TV under the sun but for whatever reason Dynex isn't supported.
Not Humax either.

TELUS is not a learning remote, the Harmony is.

Harmony will also control PS/3 with their Bluetooth adapter. It`s a killer remote. I`ll admit to being a total Harmony homeboy. I`ve never found a device thats IR that it cant control. And the Harmony One is about all you could ask for at $199 MSRP. Heres a link http://www.logitech.com/en-us/remotes/universal-remotes/devices/6441. I have two and they both run their respective gear flawlessly, one controls a 58 inch Hitachi with a Denon surround recvr and a 430 as well as a pansonic bluray, the other is contoling a 40 inch Sony Bravia a PS/3, another Denon and a 330.

- another TELUS tech

·
Registered
783 Posts
I almost bought a Dynex 42" TV but they also had a 42" Insignia for $20 more and it had a 2 year warranty rather than a 1 year. Glad I made that decision now that I have Telus TV. I still have Shaw Direct as well and the Insignia remote actually worked the Shaw Direct receiver which amazed me. I've NEVER seen another standard TV remote work Shaw Direct/Star Choice.

1 - 20 of 298 Posts