Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

241 - 251 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
^ Quote from your link
For customers on select promotions that began prior to February 28, 2017, promotional discounts will increase to offset the TELUS Bundle Discount rate change, keeping the overall monthly rate the same, until the promotion ends
They lower your bundle rate on one hand and raise the promotional discount - Net is $0 change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have that notice as well. "as a valued telus customer, we have added CBC News Network as an individual channel to you account at no additional charge so you will continue to receive this channel. You may notice a 4.00 month charge, but a 4.00 per month credit will be applied to your account"

This is on my latest billing statement.

dreamertoo

·
Registered
469 Posts
It sounds like they are grandfathering in the current viewers, so if you don't change your package too much you may still be able to get this channel. I forgot to add that i got the same thing on my bill too.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I pay $9/m for the news theme pack. My invoice has the following message. I want my $4/m credit. :(

CBC News Network channel update
As of September 19, 2017, CBC News Network (channel 800) will be removed from Essentials and added to the News theme pack. As a subscriber to the
News theme pack, you will continue to receive CBC News Network at no additional cost. If you have any questions, please contact us at telus.com/contact

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
Programming updates Posted August 1, 2017

NFL Sunday Ticket and RedZone
Due to recent channel provider changes, as of September 7, 2017, NFL Sunday Ticket Channels: 1501-1518 (HD), 451-464 (SD) and Red Zone (channels 927 HD and 9927 SD) will no longer be available for the 2017 season. For customers with Auto-renew, your 2017 subscription will not be renewed and the associated charge will not be applied to your account.

Premium Sports Double Play and Triple Play will no longer be available for 2017. For customers with Auto-renew, your 2017 subscription will not be renewed and the associated charge will not be applied to your account. NHL Centre Ice and NBA League Pass will be available to order as an individual package in October 2017. To order, visit telus.com/premiumsports

NFL Sunday Ticket and RedZone will only be available via a streaming service - see this thread:
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/160-whats-sports/275753-dazn-canada.html

·
Registered
44 Posts
Success in Telus Price Break

Not sure if specifics are ok but wanted to share that I literally halved my bill through Loyalty with Telus. Want others to know you can succeed by asking firmly and nicely. Must be partly the holiday pricing. This was for Internet 75, Optic Pick 6 and Home Phone. Now under $85 for 12 months, no contract. I did mention I was starting to use OTA.

Happy Holidays all

·
Registered
458 Posts
Turner Classic Movies

Did TCM change theme paks on Optik?

I used to get it and am sure it was in a theme pak i have but now it seems to be in a different theme pak so i lost access to this channel.

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
@Blintok I moved your post to this thread.

TCM was in the Blockbusters theme pack and it's now in the Favourite Films pack.

They probably did it to balance out the number of channels per pack because Favourite Films only had 3 and Blockbusters had 6.

New packs:
Blockbusters: Adult Swim, Crime + Investigation, FX, FXX, MovieTime
Favourite Films: IFC, Rewind, Silver Screen Classics, TCM

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
Posted February 28, 2020 - Starting February 27, 2020, Stingray Classica will be sold as an ALC channel only and will be removed from all accounts. If you would like Stingray Classica, please subscribe to the channel as a stand-alone channel. To learn more about our Optik TV channels, please visit telus.com/channels.

241 - 251 of 251 Posts