Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

221 - 240 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Okay. I thought Cartoon Network replaced Teletoon Retro, so I guess it makes sense that it'll be carried on basic.

What about TSN? I'm getting a preview of that for a while too.

·
Registered
422 Posts
TSN is definitely not in free preview (and probably never will be). If it's definitely not in your package, then Telus made a mistake somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
16,409 Posts
Double Play | TELUS Optik TV
For one low price receive a subscription to NHL® Centre Ice™ and NFL Sunday Ticket™. Follow your favourite out-of-market NHL® teams with up to 37 out-of-market games per week. Plus, catch up to 13 games of NFL gridiron heroics every Sunday. Save $118 vs. standalone pricing.
one payment $300 or four payments of $75

·
Registered
2 Posts
Telus NHL Centre Ice

Just signed up for NHL CENTRE ICE. I paid 199$ for the year.On their website it says it costs 209$ but when I signed up over the phone the cost was 199$.Pricing good till October 31.Then after that it is 220$
We get 40 games a week.Shaw advertises 37 games a week.
I want to watch the Oilers this year and Toronto.(not a fan of Toronto but want to see Matthews)
Its good value if you watch a lot of hockey.Its a long season.

·
Registered
15 Posts
And I thought NBA League Pass is costly at $150 for the whole season. Does Telus offer NBA LP on TV for free to match Shaw's offer (I buy mine from NBA for ipad/traveling access) ?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Telus has launched their pick and pay for all channels. They're all listed on their website right now. They've also increased the price of CraveTV to $7/mo.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am surprised that they are only charging $4 for AMC individually. I had expected double that given the fighting that has gone on between AMC and Canadian BDUs.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I phoned in today to ask about free Crave for the $85 best with movies package, and they did add Crave to my package for free.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Their system won't let me select the Lite as the base package when logged into my Optik account. Do you figure they're waiting to the last possible minute, or trying to make you go through an agent to retain you with the other base packages?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow looks like Sports fans get hosed again only pick & pay channel I'd be interested in SN360 @ $7/month it was my understanding all channels would be available individually per CRTC ruling guess I misread the fine print.

Anyways I'll be sticking with Sportsnet NOW streaming not bad for 720p.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Their system won't let me select the Lite as the base package when logged into my Optik account. Do you figure they're waiting to the last possible minute, or trying to make you go through an agent to retain you with the other base packages?
Nope. It's because the Lite package doesn't qualify for most promotions (no free equipment, no free installation), and they want to have a human actually look at your account to make sure you don't have any of those and/or warn you that you may start to incur rental fees on equipment and a fee to break your contract if you have one. The $5 bundle promo does apply on the price though (which I was surprised by), so you pay $20/mo for it if you have a bundle.

I've had Lite since it came out earlier this year. The downside of their system not supporting it automatically is that once you're on it, you can't make ANY changes to your TV package online. You have to contact them by phone or chat.

Wow looks like Sports fans get hosed again only pick & pay channel I'd be interested in SN360 @ $7/month it was my understanding all channels would be available individually per CRTC ruling guess I misread the fine print.

Anyways I'll be sticking with Sportsnet NOW streaming not bad for 720p.
Yeah, pre-approved multiplex channels (of which the Sportsnet and TSN channels are considered, along with TMN and Super Channel) don't have to be sold separately. No new such multiplex channels will be approved though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nope. It's because the Lite package doesn't qualify for most promotions (no free equipment, no free installation), and they want to have a human actually look at your account to make sure you don't have any of those and/or warn you that you may start to incur rental fees on equipment and a fee to break your contract if you have one. The $5 bundle promo does apply on the price though (which I was surprised by), so you pay $20/mo for it if you have a bundle.

I've had Lite since it came out earlier this year. The downside of their system not supporting it automatically is that once you're on it, you can't make ANY changes to your TV package online. You have to contact them by phone or chat.

Yeah, pre-approved multiplex channels (of which the Sportsnet and TSN channels are considered, along with TMN and Super Channel) don't have to be sold separately. No new such multiplex channels will be approved though.
interesting with telus pricing of the sports channels.

I talked to telus support. here's the answer I received:

for sports you can have all sports (both TSN and Sportsnet) for $14.

you can also order just the sportsnet pack but we will charge you $14. you can also just order the tsn pack but we will charge you $14. So you are better off with all the sports channels because we will not charge less for the sportsnet or tsn pack.

Basically telus is charging such a high price for each pack that the consumer is offered no real choice but to get all the sports channels.

I firmly believe this is not competitive pricing or that telus is offering fair pricing. vmedia is charging $10 for the sportsnet pack and shaw is charging $8. why is telus charging $14?

·
Registered
734 Posts
vmedia is charging $10 for the sportsnet pack and shaw is charging $8. why is telus charging $14?
Because Telus charge everyone for both TSN and SpostsNet :devil:

Seriously, they don't have to justify their logic, or lack thereof. They are selling, you are buying. If they don't get enough buyers they will have to correct their approach. For now, seems that what they are doing works for them.

·
Super Moderator
56,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
You should look at Rogers Toronto - TSN pack is $18. SN pack is $15. Both in a big pack is $25 (including 4K and other minor channels.) I don't know if anyone actually pays that because many packages include those channels and it would be less expensive to get a package than the "minimum" plus some sports channels.

TV Packages | Starter, Select, Popular and Premier | Rogers

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Question with regards to the Telus change to the Bundle Discount rate (TELUS Bundle Discount rate changes | Support | TELUS.com)

Would this be considered a change to the contract? If so, is it possible to get out of the contract now because of it?

A couple years back, Telus changed the whole text message thing to the US. Because they changed that contract, I was able to cancel one of my handset contracts with no penalties. Does anyone know if that could be done in this case as well?

221 - 240 of 251 Posts