Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

141 - 160 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Any idea why I lost 3/4 Hollywood suite channels that are in free preview currently?

I only get channel 426

Thanks

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Oh my apologies. I thought it was until January 31. And to add to that confusion I am still getting one of the channels.

Thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yeah, I'm still getting HS70 as well. Seems someone screwed up. I'm still getting 1 channel of NHL Centre Ice as well, which I've had since the free preview in October.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Thanks! And yes I still get the one CI channel as well. Nice to see different teams play.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Must be. I'm still getting it too.

Also, the relaunched Disney Junior (ch. 602) and Disney XD (ch. 616) are in free preview until Dec. 31.
Damn looks like Telus flipped the switch on channel 1101 :( but I still get the one movie channels from hollywood suite.

·
Super Moderator
17,491 Posts
Adult Swim
Ends December 31
Adult Swim shares channel space with Cartoon Network, airing nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. PT on ch.627.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wasn't Cartoon Network going to take over the Teletoon Retro license when it stopped airing. Meaning Telus customers would get it on their basic package.

Did they do the switch?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Looks like they just took Teletoon Retro out of basic when it stopped airing. They didn't replace it with anything officially and Cartoon Network is in a theme pack. If it's going to be in free preview for the whole year though, it's effectively still in basic. I wonder if they're doing what I speculated they might in the skinny basic thread by getting around what's allowed to be included in that by making them "free preview" channels.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Anyone else getting the SportsnetHD channels? I never had them before except for my region etc.

Now I get ON etc too?

Thanka

·
Registered
422 Posts
Did you recently switch from the old packages to the new ones? The old packages charged $2/mo extra for the out of region ones, the new ones don't.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
No everything has been the same from 6 months ago. My friend has been getting those channels too. *shrug*

·
Super Moderator
17,491 Posts
Action
Ends March 31
channel number 449

Makeful
Ends March 27
channel number 502

Kapatid TV5 (Filipino language)
Ends March 31
channel number 2605

CCTV News
Ends August 17
channel number 834

CCTV Documentary

Ends August 17
channel number 735

TFO
Ends August 25
channel number 2025

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hero to Zero

So we had all these awesome previews During January & February.

History 704
W Movies 455
CosmoTV 335
Animal Planet 721
Discovery Velocity 711

I'm yet to find anything interesting on the new ones. CCTV Documentary 735 might be OK, but the video quality is lacking.

Did TELUS optic overstretch itself during the last 2 months? March seems to be a classic case of Hero to Zero?

·
Super Moderator
17,491 Posts
Free previews are usually decided in consultation with the channel provider. The channels you listed were available on most cable, IPTV and satellite providers.

141 - 160 of 198 Posts