Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thanks Dr Dave. Kind of a cryptic channel name as listed at TXP4kHDR. A search on that term came up nothing on Telus / Google or here. Telus has hidden the new channel info / free previews that used to be on their website.

So this TravelXP channel is separate from the current Travel & Escape channel?
They appear to be different as compared to the 2 Love Nature channels (HD and 4K) that have same programs on each at same time.
I quickly read the "about us" on the website you linked so as far as i can see they are not affiliated with T&E
Currently TravelXP has like 4 programs running endlessly. (off the grid. backpack. fun food fact and kissed by the sea)

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I would never had figured out that TXP stood for Travelxp if I hadn't seen the previous post. The 4K HDR part was easy. I looked on Blue Ant Media because I knew they had Love Nature 4K and T+E, but they didn't have any HDR channels. I also checked Stingray because I knew they also had some 4K ambiance channels, but no HDR there either. So I resorted to Google and found the company based in India. I guess there aren't many HDR channels for Telus to pick from. ;)

·
Registered
733 Posts
I didn’t know that my tv supported hlg hdr until I saw this channel. Thought only hdr10 and
Dolbyvision were an option, must have been a firmware update at some point.

·
Registered
193 Posts
When checking Telus theme packs recently, I noticed a free "Netflix Premium" upgrade if you subscribe to a minimum of 4 theme packs.

Is this a good deal? Does anyone have netflix via OptikTV? How is the Netflix quality via OptikTV? There seems to be some complaints about OptikTV box dropping Netflix signals forcing reboot in order to resume show. Is this a common issue?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Nasa now is 718, and now Nasa 4K is 719. Three other 4k channels added are Travelxp 716, Stingray NOW music videos is 593, and SFE (seems to be a festival channel, maybe by Stingray, not sure of that)591. It is nice to see more 4k channels. If you have Sportsnet you can get a Sportsnet and in BC a Sportsnet 1 channel in 4k, and if you have TSN you can get a 4k version as well. I phoned after I got a 4k box and have a 4k tv. They added them for free.

·
Registered
469 Posts
There is a 4k fire log on 26 right now and the following program is called Zen Moment (which seems to go on and on), it is listed in programming as STA (Stingray A.....-I can't quite read what the A word is in the guide) I missed that the first time around.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks for that Dr Dave. I put the list of newer 4k channels on as it is very hard to find them without scrolling through all the channels in the Optik list, and some are very new. I thought I would let people know they are available, and right now they are free if you have the corresponding channel in your plan. Travelxp 4k and the stingray 4k channels just appeared very recently even though I didn't originally have any subscription to them. I had to contact Telus to activate the 4k even though I had a 4k box and compatible tv-they said it usually comes on automatically.

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
@s40 I wasn't discouraging you from posting, I just wanted to let you know that you can look up the channel on the Telus list if you want to know the name of a channel.
Travelxp 4K HDR was first reported in this thread a year ago, but may not have been visible if you weren't subscribed. Love Nature 4K on 714 is another 4K channel that has been available for quite a while.

·
Registered
831 Posts
There is also Stingray Classica on channel 585 (classica.stingray.com), although it is mostly HD — since much of the program material predates 4K.

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Posted February 28, 2020

Stingray Juicebox update
As of March 3, 2020, Stingray Juicebox will be changing to Stingray Country and will no longer be available on channels 650 and 9650. You can find the best of new country, bro-country, ‘90s country hits and pop country on Stingray Country on channel 583.

Related Thread about Stingray Country.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Telus has added “mezzo Live in HD”, “The Museum Channel”, “Insight 4K“, and “C4K360“. “mezzo Live in HD“ is similar to Stingray Classica (also on Optik), although it includes jazz as well as classical music. There is a growing selection of 4K channels on Telus. Several are Stingray 4K channels: “festival 4K”, and “Now 4K”. “travexp” is also 4K, as is a NASA channel.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Don't forget channel 965,Insight, along with Travelxp these are also HDR channels, and if your tv has HDR the color will be really good with a little adjusting (I found the color too strong on those two so I had to turn the strength down on those).

41 - 57 of 57 Posts