Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Fox Sports Racing

"FOX Sports announced the re-branding of SPEED International, its motor sports and automotive network in Canada and the Caribbean, as FOX Sports Racing, bolstering the high-octane programming lineup to deliver additional motor sports and big-event competition programming for 2015 and beyond. FOX Sports Racing returned to Rogers in Canada on Friday, February 20. " quoted from Jayski
Hope Telus will carry this as I have missed SPEED channel greatly!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Just chatted with Telus. $179.98 I was told for the season.

BTW don't call the number in the guide :p as it goes to bell.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
It's not Telus. I believe the cdn NHL network is shutting down period. All providers. No longer will exist.

·
Registered
530 Posts
No more NHL Network?

Tuning into the NHL Network today, a message appears stating the channel is no longer available on Optik. Does anyone have any info on this? It's not like I watched it often considering it was an SD channel, but I still need my hockey fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spanish channels on Telus Optik TV

Just cruious when Telus will ever get with the program and provide some Spanish channels.

Spanish is quickly becoming a largely spoken language in Canada yet Telus lags in providing service. Meanwhile we get offerings for Korean, Polish, etc.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Seems to be. It's not on any channel listings. CCTV is a state broadcaster in China (and is included in the multicultural packs). This is CCTV News, which is English-language news from them. Might be a free preview.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looks like FXX is coming to Telus, with a free preview for the month of September:

TELUS Optik TV? - Highlights | TELUS.com

The link indicates it will be part of the Blockbusters theme for those on the new theme packs. Not sure if Telus will include it in one of the legacy packages, or pull a Bell and force you onto the new platform to subscribe once the preview period is over.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
New channel? Or was it existing?

Seems u suggest new?

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
It looks like it's fxx canadianized with which seems like about 3-4 programs that continually repeat :(

What a shame.

I looked at fxx HD USA and the channel looked decent.

And many of these cdn fxx shows are on fx.

Strange. Disappointing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Existing channel, new to Telus. Don't think it has much first run content; It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia about the only exception that I've noticed.

·
Super Moderator
16,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 57 Posts