Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
How much will it cost to add SNWhd and snohd?

·
Registered
176 Posts
These belong to the Sports Top Up package. $2 monthly. If you're paying $15 for HD packs, no more additional charge; otherwise $5.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you think im paying too much?

Hi i was wondering if you guys think im paying too much on my telus services..

I have optik tv with the your pick hd bundle, i have optik high speed, and telus home phone.

All together im paying $146

Thanks!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Your pick HD is $78
15 Meg ADSL is $39
Home Phone has lots of variables, you have $29 left out of your $146 so that must be what your phone is costing you. Depends on wha tfeatures you have.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes, you're paying too much in my opinion, but I don't know if you have a contract or can negotiate your price down.

I pay 79 for 25 Mbps internet and Your Pick HD.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Essentials + Best of HD

Has anyone subscribed to the "Best of HD" offer?

It includes Essentials plus 45 HD channels (CNN HD, TSN2 HD, Big Ten Network HD, The Score HD, Golf Channel HD, SPEED HD, National Geographic HD, A&E HD, Showcase HD, TLC HD, CW Chicago HD (WGN HD), AMC HD, MovieTime HD, Family Channel HD, Disney XD HD, ABC Boston HD, CBS Boston HD, NBC Boston HD, FOX Boston HD, TSN HD, Sportsnet HD, Sportsnet One HD, History Television HD, Food Network HD, HGTV HD, PBS Boston HD, CW New York HD, CW LA HD, TV 38 Boston HD and CBC HD, CTV HD, Global HD, APTN HD, RDI HD, CBC News Network HD, MuchHD, YTV HD and more.)

On their site it says its $46/month as part of a bundle. It sounds like a good deal to me (I have no use for the SD equivalents of all the HD channels). Does anyone know if its available to current customers or just to new subscribers?

On another note, my 3 year contract is going to be coming up in the next month or so. I currently get my PVR rental for free for being under contract. When the contract expires, do I just sign a new one to continue getting the free rental?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Call, tell them you're cancelling and that Shaw/Bell has given you a great offer - free STB (PVR/extra STB), great bundle rate, etc.

Get what's coming to you. They're currently offering 2 STB (one PVR and one HD), plus a tablet. That doesn't include price discounts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Essentials + Best of HD

Since the web site lists some of the channels and then states plus more, does anyone know exactly which channels you get on this pack? I currently on Your Pick HD but would consider this as I rarely watch the non-HD channels.
My only concerns at this point would be a couple of SD channels, BBC Canada for example, and how it might affect any new channels added to the system. Right now with Your Pick I'm pretty much guaranteed to get a new channel as it would be in one of my subscribed theme packs, with this new one I don't know?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re the Best of HD offer

Channels offered, I would assume, is the listing on the web site plus all the HD channels listed in the Essentials. So by my count 29 and 18 so 47 HD channels.

Seems like this is a more family balanced selection of channels rather then you pick HD.

I signed up for it this morning and will see tomorrow (billing cycle). Rep also said new channels would be added as available. To me speculation. When you see them then you know it's true.

So what I can see is this is a good deal. You pick is 78 minus 46 so better in your pocket by 32.

Cheers

Pain

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK got the best of hd package yesterday and here is what I got.

Essentials in both SD and HD.

In both SD and HD I also get:
ABC (Boston), CBS (Boston), Fox (Boston), NBC (Boston), PBS (Boston), Showcase, A&E, TLC, Golf, Speed, TSN, TSN2, Sportsnet, Score, Sportsnet, Sportsnet Vancouver, Sportsnet One, Big Ten, National Geographic, AMC, Movietime, HGTV, Food, History, OWN, Disney XD, Family, CNN, CW LA, CW Chicago, PIX11 New York, My 9 New York, TV 38 Boston, Hollywood Suite (I think this is still on free preview, so not sure if I'll get it after preview is over)

Also should add that I am in the middle of my 3 year contract and and there was no issue moving to this package. It is available to everyone.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Interesting,
I wonder why Discovery World is not included as the other HD channels in that "pack" are.

I'd have to see about adding BBC Canada as a standalone for SD and then see if the HI-FI and Hollywood Suite channels could be added in HD. I wouldn't miss Discovery World too much, but woul;d have to hope that Space HD and the regular Discovery HD are added to this package once they're in the line up.

I'd hate to switch and then find out i can't get Space once it's finnally on Optik.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Just to report that i switched from your pick hd to best of hd, no questions ask, im on no contract either.. nice way to save $27 i never ever watch SD...

·
Registered
783 Posts
OK got the best of hd package yesterday and here is what I got.

Essentials in both SD and HD.
In both SD and HD I also get:
Oh that explains how the are doing it. For the most part the CRTC won't allow only the HD channels to be offered, can only get HD's if you also have the SD's. I guess some of the new HD only channels are the exception. So Telus is picking out most of the channels that have both an SD AND an HD version and putting them into this package.

Hollywood Suite (I think this is still on free preview, so not sure if I'll get it after preview is over)
I am pretty sure that Hollywood Suite will NOT be included but I would be very surprised if you can't subscribe to it or the HIFI package or any of the other movie packages along with the "Best of HD" package.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Interesting,
I wonder why Discovery World is not included as the other HD channels in that "pack" are.
I am surprised that they have almost all of the HD channels included in this package, not just a good assortment of them. No Discovery World HD, Bold HD, FX canada HD or Wild TV HD from wha tI can see. I don't have the package, just going by what has been reported here and wah tis on-line. So Discover HD and Space HD may or may not become part of this package. And of course if they do add them and others, the price will likely creep up at least a bit.

Also, I can't help wondering if Sportsnet and TSN may get added to the Essentials soon to shut down Shaw's current advertising campaign against TELUS TV. Maybe, maybe not since this package also addresses the issue.

Overall, a quick and a good reaction from TELUS to Shaw's current campaign to try to slow the subscriber losses to TELUS.

·
Registered
783 Posts
jimbo99:

Do you get channel 75 YTV West SD? There is no HD version of this channel but you presumably get the YTV East HD channel 613. There is a YTV East SD channel but it isn't carried on TELUS Optik TV.

Do you get channel 76 Family Channel East and/or Family Channel West 86 to go along with Family channel (East) HD 681?

·
Registered
6 Posts
ae_collector:

I'm getting channel 75 YTV in SD and 613 YTV in HD. For family it is channel 86 SD and 681 HD.

Couple of other I missed yesterday:
I'm getting Channel 93 BNN SD though there is no equivalent HD and it is not in the essentials package as far as I can tell. As well i am getting fx in both SD and HD, but i think it is on free preview right now, so not sure about whether that one will continue after the free preview.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Best of HD + Internet

I'm interested in the best of HD package also and I want to see what everyone else is paying for this when bundled with Optik internet. Were you able to get a deal or just the standard bundled internet pricing?

1 - 20 of 167 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.