Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm that Telus did a firmware update on the Optik boxes this week?

Mine has been acting strange lately. A good example is that it now puts a black box in the middle of my screen with caller name and number if my phone rings while I'm watching TV. Now this isn't a bad thing at all but it never used to do this and I didn't change any configuration so I'm thinking that some firmware update has been pushed out to my equipment that I didn't know about.

The problem is that the box in the kitchen now freezes up while watching recorded programs. It was always on the fringe of the reception area with the reception bars being red but it never used to freeze ( I mean NEVER - in the last year) and then suddenly this week it starts acting up.

I've got the Fibre to the house, a Nokia ONTS and the T3200 for Optik WiFi.

JayArr

·
Registered
709 Posts
weird-theres a setting to tun on the call display, maybe your box has a mind of its own.........it would be nice to know when firmware updates are released. If anyone know how to tell that'd be awesome.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I was hoping that a telus employee may be trolling the forums and provide an answer if no one else knew.

I guess I'll have to order one of those extenders to go into the attic, I've got a clean run up a chaseway beside my furnace chimney but no power in the attic.

Does anyone know of an extender that runs with POE?

If not I guess I can always drag a second line with the DC voltage up the chaseway along with the CAT cable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
They have done a firmware update in the last day or two. The whole menu system has a new look and the picture quality has improved by a large margin. Really impressed! There seems to be less compression now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts