Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I just switched to Telus Optik TV and, after hooking everything up the way I had it with the Bell PVR, I can no longer use my Yamaha HTR 6080/surround sound speakers as the primary audio. Is there a remedy to my dilemma that I can give a try.
One more thing, my Logitech 700 universal remote doesnt cut it with Telus

Any help would be appreciated

Thx
Gary

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lolgitech

I had a look at Logitech's site and it says they support the Cisco box.

How is your receiver hooked up? Optical, coax digital, hdmi?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My STB and Playstation outputs are both hooked up to their respective receiver inputs via HDMI and then with an HDMI output to the HDMI 1 input on the Sony TV. The Playstation works fine. No setting changes were made to the receiver

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a look at Logitech's site and it says they support the Cisco box.

How is your receiver hooked up? Optical, coax digital, hdmi?
I dont get it either. The TV, Bell satellite PVR, Playstation all worked perfectly and responded perfectly using the Logitech 700. As soon as I reprogrammed the remote to use the CISCO STB, the Logitech program advised that the Yamaha receiver was no longer compatible to operate in that configuration to watch TV.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My yammy RX-V3800 doesn't seem to have any issues other than I need to turn the receiver on last in order to get HDMI hand shaking working which I have never had to do before. Have you looked to see if there is a firmware upgrade available for your receiver? Can you get it working without the remote? Do you have an on screen display on your receiver that will tell you what kind of signal is coming in and going out for audio and video? On my remote it is labelled as display. My receiver has the ability to have a different listening mode per input. Yours might as well. Have you tried cycling though them or temporarily switching your HDMI cable to a port where 5.1 is working?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Optical 5.1 Works

canuck is right, the Cisco 430 PVR defaults to "Stereo", you have to manually change the settings to "Surround". BTW, the TELUS tech doing our install didn't know this. Have you tried Optical audio link? We get DD 5.1 audio (5 speaker) fine with optical to an older Yamaha receiver.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I ran into that as well. I have all components running thru my Yamaha. I wasn't getting sound and as mentioned above the telus box needed to be manaully switched from "stereo"

·
Registered
43 Posts
Optical out

I mentioned somewhere before that I used the optical out of the 430 PVR to my older but trusty Pioneer Elite Rec/Amp.
It detects 5.1 on all HD channels.
5 audio indicator lamps plus sub woofer lit but only stereo/mono on all SD channels as no lamps lit. Suspect they are all mono.
Shaw was the same except that only BBC Canada was indicating stereo with 2 lamps lit. All the rest unlit. Mono?
I also mentioned the audio levels as somebody else has since,that in respect to HD channels and SD channels the SD channels all all mostly different levels.
Going from a HD channel to a SD channel requires rapid volume control on the Pioneer remote.
HD channels require volume increase compared to SD.
It is not a fault of the Pioneer as Shaw did not have this problem only showed up on Knowledge Network channel being lower level.
My TV is basically a Video monitor as I do not use it's internal sound system. Sound does work using Cisco remote if needs be.
PVR is connected to TV via HDMI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot folks.... I appreciate it. It turns out that the cable HDMI jack or cables wont connect properly. I moved the Telus HDMI to the DVD HDMI jack and everything is A-OK.

Thanks again....now I have to trouble shoot the jack/cable deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts