Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Telus Internet Price Discussions

53K views 100 replies 30 participants last post by  gzink 
#1 ·
Please use this thread to discuss Telus internet pricing.

#6 ·
I found this on the Telus website under customer messages.

For details on your Internet plan rate change, reference the message included on the last page of your bill dated between January 26 and February 25.

My last bill was outside those dates so I guess it will be on the next bill.
I don't know why they just cant post the information when its available.
At least a 2 month notice seems reasonable to me.

#10 ·
Thanks, the price increase is only for some customers.........

"These rate changes impact all customers on Internet 1,Internet 6 and Internet 15 plans, as well as some customers on Internet 25"

I'm on Internet 25 so will be interesting to see if mine goes up when I get my next bill.

#11 ·
That will only make a $10 difference between 25 and 50,
Would be $10 well spent if you ask me.

Just noticed the last couple months Telus is now showing usage details on the bills, I wonder if charges for going over are on there way.

Something funny I noticed on the usage detail, Nov. 22nd is omitted from my bill. The day Xbox One came out, and I know I downloaded at least 150GB in games alone that day, not to mention other updates.
I was looking cause I knew I would be over that month, but it says I only used 270GB which is about my norm.

#12 ·
I think the big issue with Telus is that last I heard their official policy was exceeding your data cap cost $2/GB. I really think they should emulate Shaw's price model of just having higher data tiers that they can "bump up" to. If you were to use 500GB instead of 400GB in a month, I think raising your bill from $85 to $285 is unreasonable.

#13 ·
As of now Telus is not enforcing monthly caps but I suppose that can change as more and more people start streaming from Netflix and other channels. They would need to have a way to monitor usage online and to date I don't see that. Any serious streaming would require at least Internet 25 as according to the Telus website Internet 15 only gives you 100 hours of web content and three hours a day isn't much if you watch Netflix a lot. The caps are way too low and since they are jacking up rates continuously far exceeding the inflation rate they should at least provide larger caps. Don't count on it though as Telecom companies are as greedy as the Banks and Oil Companies.

#15 ·
I just received my TELUS bill for the month from 17 January to 16 February and the bill already has the increased amount for the internet even though the effective date of increment is from February 26th.

The TELUS website has the following information related to the increase.
----------------
"Internet & Email

Starting February 26, 2014, TELUS is changing the regular monthly rates for
some of our High Speed Internet plans.
Your new rate will be reflected on your first bill after February 26.

Internet Rate Change

These rate changes impact all customers on Internet 1,Internet 6 and Internet
15 plans, as well as some customers on Internet 25.

For details on your Internet plan rate change, reference the message included
on the last page of your bill dated between January 26 and February 25.

Why are Internet rates changing?

The cost of managing, expanding and improving our network continues to rise.
We’re doing our best to keep rate increases as moderate as possible, while still
offering great services, flexibility and good value.

We are constantly working to improve the service we offer our customers. In 2013,
we made a number of improvements to our Internet service and network, including
the launch of a new email service for all TELUS Internet customers with 5 GB of
storage and an improved interface.
We also upgraded our infrastructure to support faster Internet speeds and improve our
network reliability to provide you with the best Internet experience possible".
------------------

#20 ·
These rate changes impact all customers on Internet 1,Internet 6 and Internet
15 plans, as well as some customers on Internet 25.

For details on your Internet plan rate change, reference the message included
on the last page of your bill dated between January 26 and February 25.

I got my bill last week, I'm on Internet 25 and have not had an increase.

#24 ·
I think the trend is more toward cell phones and video call services like skype and face time.
I think my Dad is one of the few people I know that still has a land line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.