Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my 4K box today, so far so good. I'm using a HDFury Integral to split the audio out to my NAD T758 until NAD releases the 4K MDC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning, I'm in Surrey BC. I've got Telus 4K PVR, 50M Internet and 4K TV. How can I watch 4K Rio Olympics? No content on Channel 95. Please help!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sorry to the moderator for posting multiple times but this is probably the correct thread. I've been using the Arris 4K PVR with a Pioneer VSX-1130-K receiver and up until early September it worked fine but then one day, Sep 10, 11 or 12, it stopped working properly. If I switch to the TV input I usually don't get video or audio (I can fiddle with some settings on the receiver and it will eventually work) and, even if I switch to another input (like BD for my X-Box) that doesn't work either. If I disconnect the 4K PVR from the receiver and power everything down and start it up again, the BD input works fine. Logically the PVR shouldn't screw up the receiver, should it? But I've swapped out the receiver for a new one and the issue persists. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where the 4K programming?

Have the new Toshiba 4K TV from Telus, 4K Arris Optik VIP5662W box & 4K HDMI cable and understand there are only the TSN 905 & Ambient 26 channels... but why don't I see any Telus 4K movie rentals showing up anywhere? (lots of 3D rentals though) Also, has anyone using the Netflix 4K subscription, with the Telus app actually seen any programming in 4K? Thanks!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I can't speak to Telus 4K content as I don't have it, but for Netflix 4K content, assuming you have the Ultra HD plan, if you search for 4K or UHD, it should return some 4K results.

·
Super Moderator
17,491 Posts
@peemoeller - first check that both your PVR and TV are set up properly for 4K. Telus is advertising the content that you are missing:
A growing On Demand library with movies like Secret Life of Pets
Netflix in 4K - shows like The Crown, Stranger Things and Narcos
Source: https://www.telus.com/en/ab/tv/new/optik-4k?INTCMP=Tcom_TVHardware_LearnMore4K

Other things to check for Netflix:
A Premium Netflix account: check or change your plan at Netflix.com/ChangePlan
Netflix Playback Settings set to stream on “high” or “auto”
TELUS Optik Internet 50 or higher to provide the best quality video experience
Source: Netflix on the Optik 4K PVR

If you got the free Netflix premium account from Telus, this link has important info:
Netflix Premium Offer

If you still can't see the 4K movies and Netflix, there is a possibility that something hasn't been configured properly by Telus and you may have to contact support.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Continual HDCP errors

I've noticed the Arris 5662W is generating a lot of HDCP errors recently. It doesn't matter if it's connected directly to my Samsung 65KS9000 or going through my NAD T758 with VM130 4K card.

The only solution to get it to display video once it starts with the HDCP errors is to reset the 5662W. Then it will be fine for a while.

While HDCP can be problematic for many setups, in looking at the Bell forum, it looks like their users are having similar issues with the box. Anyone here struggling with HDCP issues? Talked to Telus about it?

G.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I know this was a couple of months ago, but yeah, me, I have all of the TELUS 4K content that is being offered at this time at my disposal. Check your settings if you don't see everything.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Upgrading to 4K System/DVR

Hey all,

Just a general inquiry to those that have gone before. I don't currently have a 4k TV, but have seen threads that indicate that the new 4K equipment is much more responsive, can record more simultaneous channels etc.

So, is the upgrade worth doing, even without (or with...I'll buy one eventually) a 4K display?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just upgraded from having the cis430/330 boxes for about 7 years. I now have the 4K pvr and 4K wireless boxes along with 150/150 fibre internet. The response of the boxes are amazing and instant. The picture quality is great with 4K programming and also without! Even without a 4K tv, you can select 1080p resolution in the settings menu.

I would recommend getting the new boxes.

Reactions: meshmellow

·
Registered
839 Posts
I’m assuming that using a YouTube App, then, would not subtract from the monthly data allotment.

·
Super Moderator
17,491 Posts
YouTube traffic would count as part of your internet usage since it is delivered over the public internet, same as Netflix. It doesn't matter if it goes through an app on the STB.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Is it the same, then, with CraveTV, because they told me it would not count when I use it through their channel?

·
Super Moderator
17,491 Posts
Data usage while watching CraveTV

On your Optik TV set top box
Viewing Crave TV using your Optik TV set-top does not consume data.

On your TV or computer
Streaming video will use between 0.2 and 0.9 GB per hour of viewing...
source: https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/order-watch-cravetv

AFAIK the entire CraveTV library is loaded on Telus' internal Video on Demand servers, which is why they are not counted as internet data when accessed through the STB. This also complies with the CRTC rules that prevent an ISP from exempting one type of internet data.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts